Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Cards Blog Challeng: Buttons

Sorry I was so quiet this weekend. I did make a lot of progress, but not on anything I can share just yet. ;o) So the challenge this week over on the Cards Blog is to use buttons, at least 5, the more the merrier. Now I snuck in there just at 5. I'm telling you, I tried to fit more in there, but it just kept throwing it off balance. So I left well enough alone.

I created the wreath using a wide ribbon and using my ruching technique. I found a little variation however...instead of doing a running stitch straight down the middle of the ribbon, I did it in a zig zag from side to side. What do you think? I was really happy with how it turned out. I added some buttons and a bow to the wreath, and a sentiment in a vintage font.

Here's a close up of that wreath so you can see the detail in that ribbon. Dreamy I tell ya, just dreamy.

As always, thanks for looking!

Project Supplies

Stamps: Stampin' Up! Greetings Galore
Ink: Papertrey Ink in Vintage Cream
Buttons: Papertrey Ink; Stampin' Up!
Cardstock:Stampin' Up! Kraft, Real Red; Papertrey Ink Vintage Cream
Ribbon: American Crafts
Other: Stampin' Up! scallop border punch, Sakura Gelly Roll pen, corner rounder

11 comments:

  1. How cute! I love the wreath! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for Nov. 25. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn, this is just too pretty! Very polished! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummmm hel-loooo pretty ruched ribbon wreath! I just adore your style Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's great!! I love your ribbon wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok, that ribbon wreath is wonderful, dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous wreath, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card with the ribbon wreath. neat, neat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIFUL! I made a wreath with buttons for this challenge, but it's not nearly as pretty as this one. The ribbon looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

You might also like... Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest