Friday, October 15, 2010

2Sketches4You #63

I'm back with the details and supplies for the card I created for the current Color Cue and the sketch from 2Sketches4You that inspired it.

Don't you just love that pattern? I created it using 3 of the images from our newest release, Poinsettia Patterns. When I say the possibilities are limitless...I'm not exaggerating. Below is a pictorial of the steps I used to create this pattern.

I stamped the first two images to get my pattern started. Once I had my spacing correct, I stamped a row of each image, alternating between the two. To finish, I came back with the smallest image in the set and stamped into the space created where the other two images met.

The focal point of this card is just a collage of elements. I created the circle (or half circle)from the sketch by using half of a doily, I have a ton of these left over and this color palette just screamed "use a doily!" to me. ;o) I created one of those "poofy" flowers, just because it had been a while. The only difference is I spritzed each scallop punched piece (5 in all) with a bit of water before scrunching them up. This allows them to get super wrinkly, giving the appearance of a carnation...or a peony possibly. I added a little tag stamped with a sentiment, also from Poinsettia Patterns, and added a butterfly to the bow.

I matted it all on black and then adhered that with dimensionals to a black card base. Now, if I wasn't too lazy to pull out a sewing machine...some stitching would have taken this over the top...but I'll leave the sewing to the resident pros. ;o)

So, all in all, I strayed from the sketch just a bit. But hey, that's what a sketch is for, right? It's a wireframe for a design. A starting point. Something to get the wheels-a-turning and the creative juices flowing. And I love what this sketch helped me to accomplish. So THANKS! Kazan and Laura for the inspiration!

Supplies:

Stamps: Poinsettia Patterns (Wplus9)
Ink: Pretty in Pink craft ink (Stampin' Up!); Midnight Black (VersaMagic); Tattered Rose Distress Ink (Tim Holtz Ranger); Fresh Snow (PTI)
Cardstock: True Black, Sweet Blush, White (PTI); Pretty in Pink (Stampin' Up!); Doilies (Wilton)
Other: Scallop Punch, Corner Rounder (Stampin' Up!); White Satin Ribbon (Offray); Black pearls (Kaiser)

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Breathtakingly beautiful. I can't wait to start making patterns with this set, and putting it in pink is just lovely. Great use of the doily and your bloom is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely GORGEOUS Dawn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning and what you did with the sketch is pure art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! I love your flower so much :o) Thanks for the tip about the spritzing!
    Oh and btw, Poinsettia Patterns is my new favorite set!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! this is SO crazy sweet-i love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutley beautiful!!! Love the flower and the butterfly!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh I LOVE this card - thanks for the mini-tut! That background is fabulous
    Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
    :) Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  8. GOrgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore this card! Everything about it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is absolutely breathtaking! I LOVE the colors and everything about it. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! I am asking myself why I didn't order that set?! :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am not a big fan of pink but this turned out just plain amazing! I love the pattern you created and that shade of pink with the black is so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This pattern work is making me dizzy, giddy and hungry for SUGAR! It's cotton CANDY perfection! AND your use of this composition + exquisite materials and EXCELLENT stamps... beyond description! This makes me want to PLAY, play, play with these stamps again AND again!!!! Delicious inspiration, to be sure! FANTASTIC work, sweet stampy sista! Yee Haw!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowza! This card is stunning! I wish I had got here sooner! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful and super cute card! I`m so inspired! Pozdrawiam

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this card! :) I lifted it! :) Gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. GOSH!! This card is so beautiful! How could I missed that! I'm sorry I haven't been visiting in a while and I missed all your wonderful creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I just adore this card, can't stop staring at it, and it's PINK too, my fav colour, well done again :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest