Friday, January 21, 2011

All Eyes On...Envelopes

Happy Friday! It's time for another edition of All Eyes On, and this month, I asked the fabulous design to focus on envelopes. You know, those plain boring envelopes. After spending all of that time creating the perfect card it just seems blasphemous to hide it in a plain envelope! So, whether you are mailing your card or hand delivering, I asked the ladies to show us some envelopes worthy of housing our little works of art.

I decided to focus on sprucing up envelopes for mailing, which means no embellishments or layers. Oh yeah...my kinda crafting; one layer stamping! There are tons of ways to add that little something extra to your envelopes, whether you play with framing the address areas, or adding a watermarked image. I have two fun examples to share with you using All Occasion Tags and From The Kitchen Of.

Isn't that too cute? I stamped the journaling lines from "From The Kitchen" of in the upper left hand corner along with the "From:" stamp from "All Occasion Tags" for the return address. For the address I used the tag, eyelet, and the "To:" stamps. To create the string I first lightly sketched the lines and then went over them with a white gel pen. Once it was dry I erased any left over pencil lines.


Now this one is so versatile. There are a ton of holiday themed images and phrases in "All Occasion Tags" that make mass producing this layout for all of your holiday cards a breeze! All I had to do was add the journaling lines from "From The Kitchen Of" for my recipient and return address and I'm done. So easy and worth adding that final touch.

Be sure to stop by and visit the rest of the design team:
Elise Durenberger
Hannah Craner
Jinny Newlin
Kerrianne Gwin
Maile Belles
Savitri Wilder

I would love to see your ideas as well. If we've inspired you or sparked your creativity, be sure to link up your projects in the comments. Thanks for stopping by and happy Friday!

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love that first one. Am going to use your idea asap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhh, DAWN! These are stunning! The WONDERFUL elegance of these flawless, crisp images... is positively intoxicating! What PERFECTION.... I'm now ready to stamp EVERY envelope I send! Hee Heee What a terrific subject for us to "study!" Yee Haw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn these are both fabulous!! I love how you made them so fun but still functional!! Great job! I will def have to try this idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your kraft envelope- so creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just love your kraft envie, dawn! have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still lovin' that journaling lines idea, Dawn! But your tag on the first card has me screaming GENIUS! So going to CASE you ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun envelopes, beautiful job and so creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so gonna bookmark this idea! Love it! There my two sets sit without hardly any ink on them and you've inspired me all over again to pull them out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just saw your stamp company name on the notes for a card by Heather Pulvirenti in the Feb 2011 "Cards" magazine issue. I came to check out your shop and blog and love, love, love what I am seeing!

    What a great idea for the envelopes that still allows them to mail easily! I like to emboss my envelopes and then use a couple plain ol mailing labels to address the card in both spots. It makes the envelope look super cool! Course you have to have a cuttlebug or other machine and some embossing folders to do that. I also will sometimes use a matching stamp from the card I have made in the lower left corner of the front of the envelope. I love the tag stamp with the white pen string that you made! Gorgeous and so simply divine! I will be back! Your site and company are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the tag stamped for the mailing address! Great idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great ideas! Love your envelopes.
    I am a 1st time visitor, but have marked you in my favorites to make sure I come back.
    See you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest