Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Creating Just Because

It's not very often that I craft or create without an end goal in mind these days. I must admit, I do miss those days. Today's card is the product of one of those rare opportunities. A little bit of free time. No deadline. No challenge. No plan. No recipient in mind.

It had been quite awhile since I used the pattern images from Poinsettia Patterns. I decided to pair them with Spring Post and Love You More, to create a colorful love card suitable for any time of year. I started with the sentiment panel and then pulled from my stash of papers to match the colors I'd starting stamping in.

I really love the way this turned out. No rhyme, no reason...just because. thanks for stopping by today and I hope you are all on track with your holiday plans! Someone needs to be. ;o)

Project Supplies

Stamps: Love You More, Poinsettia Patterns, Spring Post (Wplus9)
Ink: Ruby Red, Cameo Coral dye ink (Stampin' Up!); Jet Black Archival Ink (Ranger): London Fog Momento ink (Tsukineko)
Paper: aqua - Thrift Shop (October Afternoon); pink - Uncommon Collection (Authentique); red - Nordic Holiday (Basic Grey); White cardstock
Other: buttons, twine (Papertrey Ink); Doily (Wilton); sewing machine and thread; pinking shears (Fiskars)

8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful - this color combination is so striking! I love how the boldness of the images is paired with the vintage feel of the doily, stitching and twine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Dawn! Love how you layered the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn this is beautiful! I love the doily layered with the pattern papers. Creating when you want and whatever you want is always fun! By the way, I received your pacakge yesterday! Thank you very much! Happy holidays to you! :-) Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is wonderful to create just for the fun of it, and I'm so glad you had the chance. I love the layout of this card and the pink paired with the red. I hope you and your family have a fantastic holiday, Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Random suits you well! This is so cute! Happy Holidays Dawn!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest