Saturday, September 22, 2018

GUEST ARTIST FEATURE: Janette Kausen

Happy Satur-yay to you! It’s Janette Kausen here, guesting with you today. I am enamored with Wplus9 and am thrilled to be able to share with you, once again! I am a die-hard summer fan, but I must admit there is just something about a cool breeze flowing through my home and snuggling into cozy sweatshirts. Let me have it autumn! The anticipation of the turning weather inspired this fall themed card.

The project I am sharing with you today features the newly released Wplus9 Autumn Blessings, its companion die cuts, and Clear Cut Stackers: Hexagons. I’ve used Daniel Smith Watercolors in Transparent Red Oxide, Aussie Red Gold, Quinacridone Purple, Quinacridone Violet, Perylene Violet and Sugilite Genuine, the colors of a rich fall.


Watch above or watch in HD at YouTube

After stamping the images in Pure Color Black Dye Ink, I clear heat embossed them. I then watercolored the flowers adding the pigment to the base of each petal where the shadows would realistically be the darkest and blended out with clear water. The leaves are painted with all six colors on my palette. Sometimes I wet the leaf first, other times I did not. The variation provides interest and detail to the overall finished project.

Once the images were dry I die cut them with the Autumn Blessings companion dies and tucked them into an Oatmeal cardstock panel that had been die cut with Clear Cut Stackers: Hexagons. The tutorial shows tips for die cutting delicate cardstock and keeping all die cuts secure when the need to turn the panel to the back arises.

Add foam tape to back of panel, adhere to an Oatmeal mat, and then to a folded card base. Finish card by adding a white embossed sentiment on black and adhering gold sparkly sequins.

Thank you for joining me today, and, thank you to the Wplus9 family for inviting me to another adventure into creativity! I hope you’ve been inspired and I’ll see you again!

XO ~Janette.

Featured Supplies

For your convenience, here is a list of the featured Wplus9 supplies used on today's project(s), along with links to purchase.

Wplus9 PURE COLOR Black Dye Ink
Wplus9 PURE COLOR Black Dye Ink
Shop at:
WP9
Wplus9 Oatmeal Cardstock
Wplus9 Oatmeal Cardstock
Shop at:
WP9
Autumn Blessings
Autumn Blessings
Shop at:
WP9
Autumn Blessings Die
Autumn Blessings Die
Shop at:
WP9
Clear Cut Stackers: Hexagon
Clear Cut Stackers: Hexagon
Shop at:
WP9

1 comment:

  1. This card is so incredibly beautiful! The color palette and the subtle yet interesting hexagon background - SWOON! That'll make one lucky recipient!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest