Thursday, March 14, 2019

GUEST ARTIST FEATURE: Hello & Thanks w/Norine Borys

Hello friends, this is Norine Borys and I’m very happy to be back with you again today for a guest post. I have 3 cards to share with you, because as usual, I couldn’t stop at just one stamp set or card design. I stamped all of today’s cards onto Strathmore Bristol smooth card stock and colored them with Distress Markers and a water brush.

The first two cards are a variation of each other, one being a vertical design and the other a horizontal card. I stamped the images for each with the MISTI so that I could get the same placement for each one.

For both cards, I stamped with Versamark Ink and heat embossed with gold embossing powder. I began by stamping the Fierce & Fabulous sentiment, but I wanted to simplify the sentiment by letting it just say “you are fabulous”. I did this by placing my stamp in the MISTI, then covering the “fierce” and “amazing” with two strips of tape, inking up the rest of the stamp, removing the tape and then stamping on the card stock and heat embossing. Next, I put the card stock back in the MISTI and stamped again with two of the floral sets from the Hello & Thanks stamp set again, positioning them to fit the arrangement of the word “fabulous”.

For the card above, I colored the flowers and leaves with some of the same colors as I used on the first card I shared. I used a water brush to blend and move the color, and shared some of that color to blend into the background behind the flowers and the sentiment words and finished off with some water brushed ink splatters. I used a stitched rectangle die to cut out the card panel and popped it up onto a card front covered with a couple of coordinating patterned papers.

For the second card, I left a few of the flowers white, lightly shading them with some grey ink so it didn’t look like I just forgot to color them (grin), and color-painted the leaves blooms and background as I did above. I die cut this panel smaller and aligned it on a portrait oriented card front with a coordinating cardstock mat and some striped patterned paper. Once again, some Tonic Studio Nuvo Drops complete these cards.

The last card I'm sharing today, again uses the Hello & Thanks stamp set, but this time I've paired it with the Tossed Florals stamp set.

The background is stamped all over with the Tossed Florals stamp using Versafine Onyx Black ink and the focal image is a combination of images masked and built with the Hello & Thanks stamp set, the teacup, saucer, one of the floral bouquets and the “hello” sentiment.

I used the same colors of markers for the teacup image as I’d used for the background to keep everything cohesive, and once colored (painted?) and dry, I splattered with the same colors by scribbling onto my splat mat and picking up the color with a very wet paint brush and tapping lightly above the paper to rain down tiny sprinkle dots. Then I stamped the sentiment over top and heat embossed with clear embossing powder to help it stand out. I die cut the focal image with a stitched square die and matted it with a grey card stock that matched my ink color and popped that up with some dimensional foam tape. A few Tonic Nuvo Drops in silver grey complete this card.

Thanks for stopping by today and thank you to WPlus9 for the invitation to be a guest designer today! I always love playing with WPlus9 product and I’m delighted to be able to share that with you! If you’d like to see more of what I do, you can find me at www.thevelvetlemon.com or on Instagram: @norinehope. Have a wonderful day!

Norine

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You've created a whole array of gorgeous cards! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your watercolor style and colors...yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest