Thursday, October 22, 2009

Moxie Fab "Not Your Regular Ruffles" Challenge

OK this challenge was super hard for me. I was not feeling it AT ALL...but I was determined not to let it stop me. LOL. Over at Moxie Fab World there is a challenge to incorporate ruffles into you card. Much easier said than done for me.

As I was hand sewing some ribbon to create a "ruffle", I noticed that it naturally curled up when I was done and layed it down. And as I looked at it, I got an idea....hmmmm, I wonder how that would look as a flower. So I got out my Big Shot and cut out some leaves, and started to layout my card. I am actually really happy with how it turned out. I decided it needed some little buds as well, so using a smaller width ribbon I created a few.

Here's a close-up of those yummy little flowers.

If anyone is interested in how to make the flowers out of ruffled ribbon, just leave me a comment and I'll create a little tutorial.

ETA: The tutorial for creating these yummy flowers is now available, you can find it here.

As always thanks for looking! And on a side note, please say a little prayer for Deanna, Somer Thompson's mother. She was a friend of my niece's, they all used to walk home together. And it all took place in my childhood neighborhood, about 5 streets down from my mom, where my boys play almost everyday. So if you could, say a little prayer for her so that she may have the strength to make it through this devastating loss.

17 comments:

  1. You've got SKILLS girl! Love your beautiful ruffled ribbon flower...it's ingenious! Love the buds and leaves and superb layout too. I'm not so sure I could do this, but I would *love* to see a tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this card is just amazing fabulous and beautiful. the flowers are really really lovely. I would love to know how you made them, need all the inspiration I can get at the moment. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the elegant and sophisticated look. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is gorgeous!!! What a very unique idea and a tutorial sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is AWESOME! How creative! yeah...a tutorial sounds great to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Dawn! Your flowers are GORGEOUS! I really LOVE this. A tutorial would be fantastic. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been trying different ways to make ribbon flowers, so yes I would LOVE to see a tutorial! I LOVE this card, just beautiful! It has to be a winner! :)
    I don't know what happened to Somer's mom, but I know God does, so I will pray for them! (That is how my sister "Somer", spells her name, I have never seen anyone else spell it like that! Neat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely fabulous!!! Love every single detail :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would LOOOOOVE a tutorial on these ribbon flower, so beautiful, great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those flowers are gorgeous! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! this card is amazing and I love those flowers ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those flowers are so nice...what a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, your ribbon totally caught my eye! I can't believe you made it out of ribbon. Was it hard? I can barely TIE a proper ribbon! I would love to see a tutorial and see if it would be something I could do! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please tell me that you won for THIS breath taking card! FANTASTIC card, Dawn! I'm simply shaking my head in amazement! YEE HAW!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest