Thursday, April 24, 2014

Clean, Graphic & Epic

I'm switching gears today and focusing on the clean and graphic style of design.

My first card features Epic Dad stamps and companion die, Ink Splats and Backgrounds & Borders 4. The bold patterns combined with the graphic nature of the sentiments in Epic Dad are perfect for clean and graphic cards.

Monochromatic cards are a great choice for men.

I started by stamping the card base with Backgrounds & Borders 4.  Then I got out my Oatmeal Cardstock and had some fun with the Epic Dad stamps and dies.  I added a bit of shimmer to the crown using a Wink of Stella pen.  I know guys don't like a ton of glitter, but you can't have a crown that doesn't shine!

Wplus9 Supplies:
Stamps: Epic Dad, Ink Splats, Borders & Backgrounds 4, Banner Basics // Dies: Epic Dad Die // Cardstock: Oatmeal, Kraft

My next card is more appropriate for the tween/teen scene rather than Dad.

Wplus9 Supplies:
Stamps: Ink Splats, Epic Dad // Inks: Sweet Gelato, Silver LiningLake House Dye Ink // Cardstock: Black

This card was so much fun to make!  I didn't really fuss over placement, I just stamped.

Again, I played with some new-to-me color combinations from the PURE COLOR Original 10 Collection; Lake House, Sweet Gelato and Silver Lining paired with black.  Though I liked the simple stamping, I thought it needed a bit more.  Silver embossing, washi tape and an enamel dot finished off this card perfectly.

I hope you are inspired to make some clean and graphic cards.  See you tomorrow when I'm back to share more cards from the April/May release!

5 comments:

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest