Friday, June 5, 2015

June 2015 Release Day & A Hop

Hello everyone, it's Release Day! Everything that the Design Team and I have been previewing is now available for purchase at wplus9.com, as well as at many of your favorite retailers. Remember, if we happen to sell out of something, be sure to check out the retailers, because they hit us hard this release and chances are, they'll have what you need.

I still have so much to share with you featuring the June 2015 Release, but first I want to give a big shout out to the Wplus9 Design Team who has done an amazing job - as always - but they really swung for the fences this month and I appreciate them and all they do more than words can express!

So today I'm pairing up my post up with the Pretty Pink Posh Watercolor Blog Hop! They are inviting everyone to hop along. It officially opens today, June 5th at 6am PST and ends June 8th at 11:55pm PST, so be sure to click the link or the graphic below to get all of the details and join the fun. There are many prizes to be won, including Wplus9!

I decided to share all watercolor projects today featuring the new Doodle Buds stamp set and Companion Dies.

This card is just funky and fun. The whimsical doodles of this set make it perfect for the loose watercolor style. I did some ink smooshing in the background and made sure to add just a little of my favorite - splatters. All of the images were stamped onto watercolor paper using PURE COLOR dye ink in Black and then watercolored with Gansai Tambi watercolors. I am determined to use these more often. I normally go for the softer more muted tones in my watercoloring and I think that is one of the things that throws me off with these. But none the less, I put these babies to use on all of my cards today for some fun and eclectic little joys.

Once my flowers were dry, I die cut them using the Doodle Buds Companion Die and grouped them all together using a little foam tape to pop some of the elements up.

A little random stitching to mimic the design of the stamps, some black thread and of course, some Pretty Pink Posh sequins will finish this fun burst of color off!

Next up, I've paired some Copic airbrushing with watercoloring.

This uses a technique that I shared in a recent Online Card Class - Stretch Your Dies - that is pretty simple and makes a huge impact. By using the Doodle Buds Companion Die to create masks, I am able to airbrush a solid background to nestle my stamped images into.

Now I have clean, white open areas to do my watercoloring of each flower.

The sentiment, also included in the set, was stamped in PURE COLOR dye ink in Black onto White card stock and messily stitched to a piece of vellum. And of course...those black Pretty Pink Posh sequins...which I might be developing an addiction for.

And finally, a simple little card that would be sure to bring a lot of cheer.

I stamped all of my flowers and my sentiment in PURE COLOR dye ink in Black onto watercolor paper. Watercolored them and then colored and cut an extra leaf to pop up on foam tape for my little bird from Happy Mail perch on.

I hope that gives you some good ideas for using this set and watercolors in a loose way, that is fun and not intimidating in the least. In fact, the more irregular and messy you are with these, the cuter they look!

Design Team Inspiration

Not only do I still have more to share with you, but remember that amazing Design Team I mentioned? Wait until you see what they have for you:

Don't forget to check the Release Winner's Page to see if you are one of the lucky winners this week!

Thank you so much for joining us this week, for stopping by today, for the encouragement...for just making this the best hobby in the world!

Featured Supplies

48 comments:

  1. This release is seriously one of my favorite! The giraffe is beyond cute! And the Happy Mail is another must have. Time to go shopping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty cards and last one being my Favorite loved Doodle Buds stamp set :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your products, these cards, and this blog hop...So fun...!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are always so amazing. Love the Doodle Buds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love the Doodle Buds- even the name :) Beautiful cards, great techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome cards, Dawn! Love this set! Hoping it (and the rest of my order) are on the way to me soon! ;) Fantastic release, girl! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWOWOWOWOWOW!! LOVE EVERYTHING in this Release!! Just AMAZING!! THANKS SOSOSOSOSOSO Much for sharing ALL of the Inspiration and for the Videos!! I KNOW with your BUSY Schedule it makes it HARD to fit it ALL in, BUT I REALLY LOVE and APPRECIATE your Videos when you get to share them!! =) THANKS also for all the chances to win!! Here's to another A++ Release and I hope you have a FABULOUS Release WEEKEND!! =) HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for this release! It was a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad I ordered this set with the dies this morning from Make The Day Special. I just love what you have made with them, I know I am going to be using this set a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gorgeous-ness! They're all heavenly, but the last card is my fav. What a great stamp set, and your watercoloring is magical

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh, these cards are all gorgeous! I love the sketchy flowers of this set!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your cards! They are each so unique. I've really enjoyed all the release posts this week. Thanks for the inspiration and I hope to place an order soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfectly Splendid cards using DOODLE BUDS..I'm so glad I decided to add the set to my cart this morning:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the hand-drawn look for these stamps. Beautiful samples of how to use the stamps and dies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards from this great new release!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Spectacular! I love all WPLUS9 floral sets. I wish that I could afford them all. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Your cards are so great! I keep trying watercoloring but no good outcomes yet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! Every single one of these cards is AMAZING! I love how you create such beautiful, colorful pieces! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Darn it! I thought I had every flower stamp I would ever need. I love those scribble flowers. Very lovely

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this set. It was made for all sorts of fun coloring techniques! Great sentiments, too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW, loving your first card...a lot!!! I think I have an addiction to the PPP Black sequins too...love anything mixed with black...

    ReplyDelete
  22. All beautiful Dawn! I love Love that little bird from Happy Mail. He's so happy! Thanks, Paulette S.
    craftqueen417 at yahoo dot com
    http://paulettesprettypapercrafts dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loved the stamp and the pretty soft colors

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning cards..love the cards and stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Adorable fun doodle flowers - and love the mixed font sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just love your bright cheery cards - those whimsical doodle flowers are fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  27. Today's showing is filled with fun, nice way to jump start my creativity. I like the simple card the best, you're right it is sure to bring a lot of cheer. I really like the font used for the "beautiful" sentiment, looks kind of like my hand writing up and down and all around, seems a bit more personal.

    ReplyDelete
  28. These whimsical flowers are adorable. Jennifer McGuire has given them an excellent wrap on her blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  29. An incredible garden of flower cards! Love these flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow!! these are all gorgeous! i love the doodle buds and the loose style watercolouring in such pretty pastel colours does suit them perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very Cute! I love the sketchy flowers. This new release is great. I think my favorite is the Party Animals - I love the giraffes!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Dawn, I'm really curious about your new black ink. It looks like it really leaves a crisp black image when stamped and I don't see any bleeding or smuggling from usng it with watercolor. How does it compare to archival ink? Sometime i struggle getting a crisp image with archival due to the fuzz on the pad itself and i'm always on the lookout for the perfect black ink. Also wondering if your ink stains clear stamps?

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the flowers! Hope water coloring is as easy as everyone makes it look.

    ReplyDelete
  34. gorgeous! loving this release

    ReplyDelete
  35. oh my... you just inspired me to try on some ideas i never have before! Love all your pretty cards and it's stunning. Awesome to the max!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love these cards, this is one of my favorite sets from this release!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the doodle buds set. I sure hope it's still in stock by Friday so I can buy it. I love those cards you made for the Pretty Pink Posh water color blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your cards are stunning!! Absolutely love your Copic air brush background in the peach color! Great details with the black threads, stitching, sequins, on all the cards! Thank you for sharing your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Such cute whimsical cards! Beautiful details and colouring (duh!), just love everything about them. Doodle buds need to come live with me!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I am absolutely in love with this stamp set and each and every project using them. Fantastic, cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I found your site very beautiful and distinguished too. Thank you for your good work and continue.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Stunning cards with the new stamp set - it's on my list!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest