Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Two Cute to Handle

First, let me just apologize for the pun. I know. But it had to be done. I mean seriously, have you seen the Happy Mail and Party Animal stamp sets from our June 2015 Release?

Today's cards feature both and are two cards that I created simultaneously. They share a lot of the same elements as well as techniques.

First up is a 4 bar card (3 1/2 x 4 7/8") with a super simple layout. I started by coloring the stamping the little bird and envelope from Happy Mail with Copic markers on our White card stock and then die cut them using the Happy Mail Companion Die.

The clouds were die cut using the Sunshine Layers Die and then airbrushed using the Copic Airbrush System. The greeting, also from Happy Mail, was stamped in our PURE COLOR Black dye ink and all were layered onto a panel die cut using the Holiday Apertures Die.

I adhered the panel to a Dove Grey card base with foam tape and added a little heart to the envelope using the Love Shower Layers Die and a few Pretty Pink Posh sequins

Running with those same supplies, I created this little cutie using Party Animal, the follow up set to Unforgettable. These little guys are scaled to work perfectly together so that you can create little scenes with them interacting...but for today, I'm focusing on this little cutie - Gerri!

This time I opted to airbrush the background and leave the clouds white. I stamped and colored my birds, balloon and giraffe (all included in Party Animal) with Copics and die cut them using the Party Animal Companion Die.

I apologize, but I failed to write down the Copic colors that I used, but I do plan to do a video coloring this little guy, so hopefully that will make up for it. I do know that I used the lighter more muter Ys and YRs for his body and the redder Es for his spots.

I hope that you enjoyed today's cards. I still have several more of these and the entire release to share with you, so stay tuned over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for stopping by!

Featured Supplies

21 comments:

  1. Oh my word. These cards are too darn cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cute! Love these new stamp sets!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to play! These cards are just so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are adorable! Your release this month is out of this world. My goodies came in last night and I can't wait to ink up the fabulous images!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards. Love the party animal & mail stamp sets. Actually the whole release is great. I have picked some things I want. Thanks for the inspiration and new products.

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable!!!!!! such cute projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It had to, Dawn!! So absolutely adorable!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. super cute love the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute!!! :) By the way, just wanted to do a shout out of your fabulous customer service!!! :) I emailed you for a rush order and you shipped my order within 30 minutes from my email!!! Thank you so much! You rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I not sure about too cute to handle - they are so cute I want to squeeze them! Fantastic cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh!! These are the cutest! Can not wait to receive these stamp sets!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These cards are WAY TOO CUTE to handle!! They both melt me heart and make me gasp with delight!! Wonderfully done!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such pleasing color palettes. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such pleasing color palettes. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love those two stamp sets oh sooo much and have to get them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the stamps, and the cards are just cute as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Too adorable for words! *is in love* :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the colors of your giraffe. Ive been wanting this stamp set for a while but not sure how im going to color the giraffe. I have a different giraffe stamp set and i can't seem to find the right colors for my giraffe. Any help will be greatly appreciated
    monicaalcazar@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest