Monday, October 15, 2018

Merry And Bright w/Kara

Hello! Kara  here and I'm starting to build up my Christmas card stash so that when the time comes I am all set and am not scrambling to get my cards done. I thought a few small stamps from the new Butterfly Mandala set could make a beautiful holiday background!

I started by making a light pencil line vertically in the center of my card panel. I used that line as a guide for stamping the leaf and bud stamp in a straight line. Once they were stamped straight it made filling in the rest very easy to eyeball. You could certainly draw more lines with your ruler to get them absolutely perfect, but I think it turned out great.

I added a bit of color with my Copic markers to the leaves and buds as well as to the Merry in this awesome sentiment from Be Merry. I added a bit of shadow to it with a die cut piece in black cardstock. It helps the sentiment stand out from the background.

I think this design is easily reproducible for mass production. It's bright and festive with just a minimal amount of coloring! Thanks for stopping by. Have you started your holiday cardmaking yet?

Featured Supplies

For your convenience, here is a list of the featured Wplus9 supplies used on today's project(s), along with links to purchase.

Wplus9 White Cardstock
Wplus9 White Cardstock
Shop at:
WP9
Wplus9 Black Cardstock
Wplus9 Black Cardstock
Shop at:
WP9
Wplus9 4 Bar Stitched Rectangles Die
Wplus9 4 Bar Stitched Rectangles Die
Shop at:
WP9
Butterfly Mandala
Butterfly Mandala
Shop at:
WP9
Butterfly Mandala Die
Butterfly Mandala Die
Shop at:
WP9
Be Merry
Be Merry
Shop at:
WP9

3 comments:

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest