Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Take 3: Embellish Hearts Challenge (and some more for St. Jude)

The ladies over at Embellish Magazine have issued a challenge to use red, pink, black, and hearts. I think I am enjoying this color combo a little too much(this is my third submission), but seriously isn't that just the cutest thing ever!?

I used the train from the SU! stamp set Choo Choo. It's such a sweet set. All of the cars are separate, 4 in all, and a little puff of smoke. Here I paired it with a little heart from a Hampton Arts stamp set. To make the little trail of hearts I used a portion of a stamp from the SU! A Happy Heart stamp set. I just inked up the part I wanted and lined it up to look like a trail of hearts coming from the chimney. Would that be a chimney? Oh well, whatever it's called. ;o) Then I just added the buttons for wheels and stamped my sentiment. So simple. I'm not quite sure why I love the one/two layer cards so much, but they are definitely my go to.

While I had the stuff out, I decided to make a couple more to send to Winter for her St. Jude Card Drive. I used the same basic layout, but instead of using the pink card base I switched it out with SU!'s Sahara Sand to make it gender neutral. For the card above, I also switched out the middle car and loaded it with a load of hearts. So cute! Building the train is super easy as long as you have a stamp-a-majig. I just used the stamp-a-majig to line up each car, and then stamped.

Now to fill the middle car I used a little masking. My favorite thing to use for masking is a Post-It note. They are self-adhered and super thin so you usually get a near perfect line.

And I'll leave you with a shot of the two finished cards together. I can't believe that I've had this set since last spring and this was the first time that I've inked it up. Tsk Tsk!


Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous night! I will be back tomorrow with a winner from my Comment and Win post below.

11 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love how you added the hearts to the smoke stack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quite agree! This is sooo cute! So glad you played along! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn! These cards are just precious! I always love the inspiration I get every time I visit your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Love that train! CHOOOO CHOOOOO! Thanks for taking on an Embellish challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love them all! Thank you for all of your support! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cards are adorable!! :)
    Have a good day
    -BK

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable!!! You really are enjoying these colors aren't you?! So glad you played along with us again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is AMAZING..... i loved the hearts and the train.... :)....

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest