Thursday, April 15, 2010

Color Cue {3} Challenge

Details:
Create a card, scrapbook page, digital layout, tag, whatever...just make sure to use the above colors. (I used PTI's Stamper's Select, Summer Sunrise, and SU!'s Bordering Blue and Cameo Coral) But anything you have on hand close to the colors will do. Since Bordering Blue is very specific, you can substitute gray or blue here. Sentiments or outlines in black are fine as well.

Create your project and post it to your blog or online photo gallery such as Flickr or SCS. Add a direct link to your project (not your homepage please) by clicking the "add your link" button below.

Deadline:
You have until May 7th at 11:59 pm EST to play along. You will know the deadline has passed when the link to add your project is no longer available.

Bonus:
If you have Wplus9 stamps in your stash already, now would be the time to bust them out. I will be collecting lucky participants to feature as "On Cue with Color" here on the blog and at The Studio. If you don't have any yet...don't worry I still want to be inspired by you and you will still be featured here on the blog!

I used Wplus9's Funky Foliage, and Just A Note, the birds from Practicing Creativity's Look Up, and PTI's Polka Dot Basics II.

Maile Belles used Wplus9's Woodgrain Silhouettes and Woodgrain Silhouettes Additions to create this clean and simple Mother's Day card. Love her use of ribbon here and the way she cleverly placed the buttons just under the focal image vs. the usual over.


Elise Durenberger worked her inking magic as usual using Woodgrain Silhouettes Additions. I must know how she did that. I'm picturing her sitting there with a paintbrush and an ink pad applying ink to that little bird stamp.

Savitri Wilder also used Woodgrain Silhouettes Additions and the sentiment from Funky Flowers to create this BEAUTY. Now I know that Savitri's colors aren't exactly on, but she totally get's a bi this month ladies. Some of you already know that she is in the midst of a move, and most of her craft supplies are on their way overseas to her new home. She has a small stash with her and is workin' it with the 6, yes 6 colors she has!

Now it's your turn! Add your link below.


21 comments:

  1. Super gorgeous cards ladies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. REALLY challenging and WONDERFUL colors! I love how your challenges are evolving and getting SO many fabulous and talented folks participating! Yipeee! I'm loving your new images... SO much possibility! Thanks for sharing the goodness of your design VISION with us all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color choices Dawn! Cant wait to play along :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, just posted my first project for this challenge--I'm sure there will be more. I have some other ideas brewing!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this color combo. I'm going to try to play along today. These cards are also really cute, every single one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE all these card! So fresh and pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaaah, LOVE the colors and the cards. Everybody did such a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow girls, you certainly did these awesome colours justice! Just WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for this latest color challenge. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow fabulous color! And such great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha ha on the comment Dawn, its ok there are plenty more challenges coming up :) I am working on my card for this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. GREAT cards! Loving the yellow and grey combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to admit, I was thoroughly scared about this color combo. However, I was pleasantly surprised and LOVED working with it. Thanks again for such a fun Color Cue, Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to agree with what Paulina said.. Scared but it worked out nicely I think! Thank you and I am glad to finally get out of my hole and play a little!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is the first time I participated here :)
    But I had fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW!! These are gorgeous ladies!! Seriously I would not have thought of using this color combo so thanks for the inspiration, Dawn!! I was intimidated at first, however I'm very HAPPY with the end result!! Will post my card soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this color combo so much! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I love these colors! I have to try this out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, I am so excited I have be wandering around your blog and found this. I thought when I posted my project that I was way passed the due date. YEAH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow, the challenge cards are wonderful, everyone! thanks, dawn:)

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest