Friday, June 29, 2012

Wplus9 Design Clips: Repurposing Scraps

Hey guys! I'm back with another Design Clips Video! A couple of things: I promise to TRY to get better lighting. I promise to TRY to upgrade my camera from a 740HD to 1080HD. And I promise to not be so serious. Ugh. Do you ever watch yourself on video and think, "Who is that?" "What happened to my personality?". I think I'm loosening up some, but still some progress to be made. If you know me, you know that I am rarely serious.

OK, enough babbling. Here's a look at the cards, yes 2 cards, I will be making.

If you have been waiting to see our Chevron Impression plate in action, check it out. I've provided my sandwich construction. Remember, what works for one, may not work for all. But if you are having trouble getting nice deep impressions with the metal impression plates, then this video is for you! At least I hope it is. :o)

Watch above or in HD on YouTube

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Project Supplies

Sweet Birthday Wishes I
Stamps: Folk Art Florals, Fresh Picked (Wplus9)
Ink: Pretty In Pink, Summer Sun, Kiwi Kiss, Purely Pomegranate (Stampin' Up!); Jet Black (Ranger Archival Ink); Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger)
Card stock: Oatmeal, Kraft (Wplus9)
Dies: Label Layers 5 (Wplus9)
Other: Chevron Impression Plate (Wplus9) Jute Button Twine (May Arts); Fresh Goods patterned paper (Pebbles)

Sweet Birthday Wishes II
Stamps: Folk Art Florals, Fresh Picked (Wplus9)
Ink: Pretty In Pink, Summer Sun, Kiwi Kiss, Purely Pomegranate (Stampin' Up!); Jet Black (Ranger Archival Ink); Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger)
Card stock: Oatmeal, Kraft (Wplus9); Old Olive (Stampin' Up!)
Dies: Label Layers 5, Banner Trio Die (Wplus9)
Other: Chevron Impression Plate (Wplus9) Jute Button Twine (May Arts); Fresh Goods patterned paper (Pebbles), buttons (Papertrey Ink)

9 comments:

  1. Great cards and video. I enjoyed watching your process. I like the idea of the banner behind the sentiment. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful cards and great video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THESE are stunning, Dawn! LOVE you + VIDEO! Feels like we're crafting together IRL! Great tips and FUN! Thanks for the terrific INSPIRATION!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards! Love your tip on the die cutting and always looking forward to your design clips.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your projects today Dawn! It's a fabulous idea to use the scraps right away and make a second card, that way you know they'll get used. Thanks for the tip on how you lined up your frame, I've been wondering how you get your images lined up so perfectly! Oh, and I'm a stander too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards! I didn't know the tip about lining up stamped images & then die cutting. Thanks! I adore the banner behind the panel on the 2nd card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WONDERFUL cards - so sweet and pretty! Thanks for a great and inspiring video too!
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are too cute! I did not know about the frame as a guide. I tried it today and it worked like a charm! Thank you so much for sharing that with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was a fantastic video, Dawn. I love to see your design process and I can always use more ideas for using up my scraps. Thank you, also, for explaining the process of creating the guide for the dies - seeing it in action really helped! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest