Friday, April 18, 2014

Flowers & Frames

Today is my final day to share what I have been up since receiving the Wplus9 April 2014 Release products. By now, many of you are starting to share what you have made with these beautiful new products. I have a seen a few and I look forward to seeing more!

This is the first card I made when I received the new release.

I couldn't wait to ink up those beautiful Spring Blooms and try out the PURE COLOR Dye Ink for the first time. If you've visited my blog recently, you know already that I love them and have been sharing some of my favorite color combinations.

Sweet Nectar, Sweet Gelato, Cranberry Crush, and Appletini is one of them.

I placed the blooms to mimic the flow of the Hand Lettered Hello sentiment, but also left a little spot of the right to stamp 'sweet friend'.  I love having these any occasion cards on hand for when I start thinking of a particular far-away friend and want to drop her a note.  Even though texting is faster I still send hand written notes and I know they are appreciated.

 
Wplus9 Supplies:
 

Nothing but glitter on this next one.

There are many ways to do this, but I will share with you what I did.

I took a piece of white cardstock that was a little larger than the Birds &Branches Frame die and ran it through my Xyron. Without removing  the protective film I placed the frame die face down onto the card stock; sticky side up.  Then, I ran it though my die cutting machine. After popping out the negative portions of the die, I removed the protective sheet, sprinkled the entire frame with glitter, and voila!

The negative pieces didn't go to waste.  I used those to die cut the hearts using the Love Notes dies and the birds from the Birds & Branches Frame die.  I popped up everything on a card base that had been sponged with Lake House Dye Ink.

 
Wplus9 Supplies:
Stamps: Sweet Nothings // Inks: Lake House Dye Ink // Dies: Birds & Branches Frame, Love Notes   // Cardstock: White
 

I'm really excited to share this final card with you.

I used the Foliage Frame Die to create a custom frame for my Folk Art Alphabet monogram. And, it can be made to any size you like.

Step-by-Step Instructions:
  1. Die cut frame.
  2. Measure opposite corners to desired length and trim.
  3. Adhere at corners.

To hide the seams, I embellished the corners with Spring Blooms stamps and dies.

It's that easy!

 
Wplus9 Supplies:

I've really enjoyed sharing my projects with you this week. I look forward to Monday when Dawn will introduce another new DT member and we will get to see what she has been working on!

15 comments:

  1. All of these are stunning! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza, I thought the first card was fabulous until I got to the sparkly one! Awesome! Just beautiful in that pretty pale blue!!! And your initial framed like that is very cool too. You are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did with the frame Kara! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!
    I DIE over that gorgeous glittery frame...
    literally just die!
    I LOVE it!
    They're all incredible...
    and when I finally get caught up on some other things and know I have time for crafts...
    those frames are coming to my house...
    I see some gift making this summer!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of eye candy here! Well done Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, these are all fabulous but my jaw dropped open when I saw your glittered frame card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL work Kara, love the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've loved every one of your projects this week, Kara! Today's florals are gorgeous. And you created such beauties with the frame die.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow !!!!! You saved the best for last! I love what you have done wit the die,cut up and the other one glittered. Your flower cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the blue background against the white glitter - it's stunning. And what a creative idea - to customize your own frame with the die! Genius! Great post and can't wait to try the cards myself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. STUNNING cards..I am in love with the first one..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Incredible cards Kara! They are all GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Every one of your cards is a work of art, Kara! Today I particularly adore the glitter card, just stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just bought the Spring Blooms stamp set and love it!!! What black ink pad did you use for the Hello?

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest