Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Blending with Ocean Drive

Hi there, It's Maureen here today. The design team has really been knocking it out of the park with the fabulous new PURECOLOR South Beach collection! And today, I have two cards featuring blending techniques using Ocean Drive.

My first card uses Ocean Drive, Flamingo and Coconut Husk inks with two previously released colors. The new collection is not only perfectly coordinated to work together, but also works perfectly with the Original 10 Collection.


Wplus9 Supplies:
Stamps: Spring Blooms, Hand Lettered Hello // Inks: Wild Mango Dye Ink, Appletini Dy Ink, Flamingo Dye Ink, Coconut Husk Dye Ink // Dies: Hand Lettered Hello Die

I started this card by stamping the leaves from Spring Blooms in Appletini Dye Ink. Then, using a blending tool, I sponged Ocean Drive all around the leaves, making sure to leave the spaces where the flowers would be stamped white. Then I went in and did the rest of my stamping. Adding Ocean Drive to the background really gave this one layer card the feel of dimension without adding additional layers.

Who says you need coordinating card stock for every ink color?  When you have a quality ink, like PURECOLOR Dye Ink, you can make your own colored cardstock easily! Here I used a blending tool and Ocean Drive dye ink and made a sentiment strip to match my project perfectly.


Wplus9 Supplies:
Stamps: Coming Up Roses, Strictly Sentiments 2, Backgrounds & Borders 2// Inks:  Flamingo Dye Ink, Miami Spice Dye Ink, Ocean Drive Dye Ink, Coconut Husk Dye Ink, Mojito Dye Ink// Dies: Hand Lettered Hello Die

I hope you've enjoyed my projects today! See you back here tomorrow for more before these beauties officially go on sale at midnight June 5, 2014!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards..I loved the colors n technique both..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous Maureen! I love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so beautiful, Mo! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow..seeing my favorite color choice in action on your cards is incredible. They are gorgeous and you've truly impressed me!!! LOVE them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards! Love your designs and the wonderful new inks!!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest