Friday, May 22, 2015

Throwback Thursday #4 - Fanciful Feathers


It's time for another Throwback Thursday Challenge.  This month we are heading back to 2013 and the Fanciful Feathers stamp set.  I have loved this set since the day it released.  The sentiments are among my favorites from the entire WPlus9 collection!



Wplus9 Supplies:
Stamps: Fanciful Feathers // Ink:  Lake House, Cockleshell, Nautical Navy,  //Cardstock:  Nautical Navy

My cards this month are the epitome of CAS design.  This first card uses Masking.  Masking is a great technique to use on CAS cards.  It allows you to add stamping and interest without adding layers.  I masked off the top part of my card and then stamped the feathers in Lake House, Cockleshell and Nautical Navy inks.  I then removed the mask and repeatedly stamped the sentiment.  I finished this card off with a strip of Nautical Navy cardstock and some embellishments, which I carried through all three designs.

Wplus9 Supplies:
Cardstock:  Nautical Navy

Like my first card, the stamping on this card is kept in one area. This time though I've used the larger feathers in the set and stamped them across the cardstock.  I grounded them with a strip of Nautical Navy cardstock and heat embossed the sentiment in white.  Heat embossing in white on dark cardstock is always a striking detail.


Wplus9 Supplies:

For my last card I got a little trendy.  Have you noticed a lot of stamped card bases popping up, along with curvy card fronts?  I sure have. Here I used the Landscape Border Dies to cut the top panel for my card. I curved my sentiment on my acrylic block before inking and stamping so that it would follow the curve of the panel. Then I stamped the card base and added two more feathers, then completed the design with the same Nautical Navy strip and embellishments.

Play Along

Now it's your turn! We'd love to have you participate in our Throwback Thursday posts. We know you've got some older product in your stash dying to see some ink! So let's pull em out. Use any card above as inspiration, or even the stamp set if you've got it, and let's see those "oldies but goodies" get some love!

Use at least one Wplus9 product and upload your project to your blog or online photo gallery such as Flickr. Then link it up using the InLinkz widget below to share it and keep the inspiration flowing! You'll have 3 weeks to play along.

If you'd like us to repost and share your creations on Instagram and Facebook, be sure post using the hashtag #wplus9tbt!

Prize

We will select one random random participant to receive a $20 store credit to wplus9.com. Winners will be announced on Thursdays when the new Throwback Thursday is posted.

TBT #3 Winner

  • Christy Sugiarto

Contact us at customerservice@wplus9.com with your full name and email and we will set up your store credits! (If you don't already have an account set up with us, be sure to set one up to expedite collecting your prize)

Throwback Thursday #5 Entries


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! I love that stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great set of cards. What a great lay-out in the first one! Hopefully have time to play along this time as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are SO gorgeous, Mo! Thanks for the inspiration! Going to see what I have...

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest