Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Easy Scene Building ft. The Crew: Garden Club w/Kara

Hello! It's Kara and I am right in the middle of my summer break from school. One of the greatest joys of this summer has been watching all of the plants and flowers we have planted bloom in our garden. I used to not have much success with plants, but something has changed and it is so satisfying to putter around in my garden pruning and watering. All of this inspired me to pull out The Crew: Garden Club stamp set!

For this card I started by adding a bit of Distress Ink to my background. A hint of Broken China at the top for sky and a bit of Shabby Shutters at the bottom for grass. Then I stamped and die cut a bunch of images from the Garden Club stamp set and colored them with my Copic Markers. I love the look of terra cotta I get with E08 and E19.

As I started arranging my scene I thought the Fence Border Die would be perfect for this little scene. I positioned it on my card front and then added all of the colored images. I placed some images behind and some in front of the fence and I think it looks really cute and adds depth to the scene.

Then at the top I stamped one of the best sentiments ever, Your friendship has planted a little garden in my heart! How sweet is that?

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I'm heading back out to the garden!

Featured Supplies

For your convenience, here is a list of the featured Wplus9 supplies used on today's project(s), along with links to purchase.

Wplus9 White Cardstock
Wplus9 White Cardstock
Shop at:
WP9
Wplus9 Black Cardstock
Wplus9 Black Cardstock
Shop at:
WP9
Wplus9 4 Bar Stitched Rectangles Die
Wplus9 4 Bar Stitched Rectangles Die
Shop at:
WP9
Wplus9 PURE COLOR Black Dye Ink
Wplus9 PURE COLOR Black Dye Ink
Shop at:
WP9
Wplus9 The Crew: Garden Club Stamp
Wplus9 The Crew: Garden Club Stamp
Shop at:
WP9
Wplus9 The Crew: Garden Club Die
Wplus9 The Crew: Garden Club Die
Shop at:
WP9
Wplus9 Fence Border Die
Wplus9 Fence Border Die
Shop at:
WP9

4 comments:

  1. Such a cute scene with this fab set. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara, it's wonderful that you've embraced your garden... think it will go from flowers, to crops one day? This little helper seems to have earned her break! Sweet as can be... xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest