Friday, February 22, 2019

GUEST ARTIST FEATURE: Watercolor Markers w/Carissa Wiley

Hi everyone! It’s Carissa Wiley here with you today. I have a fun project to share with you featuring the easiest watercolor ever, using water-based makers.


Watch above or watch in HD at YouTube

Honestly, I like to refer to this as the lazy watercolor method.

I think a lot of times as crafters, we over think things. We think things have to be complicated or time consuming to get great results. I fall in to this trap a lot and I have to remind myself that sometimes simplicity is best for me….even when it comes to techniques.

I don’t want to downplay the beautiful results that you get with traditional watercolor methods…they are absolutely stunning. But if that is something that is intimidating to you, I want to show you that you can still achieve beautiful results with simple techniques.

This card features just a few supplies, including the Hello And Thanks stamps and dies, and Citrus Background Builders stamps from WPlus9 - linked at the end of this post. I added a simple banner from the Bountiful Blooms die set to ground my sentiment.

I’ll walk you through the creation of this card in today’s video tutorial, so be sure to check that out. I’ll talk you through how I created beautiful watercolor images with just a couple water-based markers and a brush. If you want to watch this video in HD on my YouTube channel, click HERE. While you’re there, don’t forget to hit that thumbs up, subscribe and turn on the notifications.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed this project. Until next time, I hope you have a fabulous day!

Featured Supplies

For your convenience, here is a list of the featured Wplus9 supplies used on today's project(s), along with links to purchase.

Wplus9 Bountiful Blooms Die
Wplus9 Bountiful Blooms Die
Shop at:
WP9
Citrus Background Builder
Citrus Background Builder
Shop at:
WP9
Hello & Thanks
Hello & Thanks
Shop at:
WP9
Hello & Thanks Die
Hello & Thanks Die
Shop at:
WP9

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty! I'm going to share it in the Coffee Loving Papercrafters FB group!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest