Sunday, December 13, 2009

december 25

So how is your holiday prep going so far? If you are anything like me...you are way behind as usual! I always feel like I'm running full speed and somehow still going backwards. But I do love to put the special touch on everything, so easy cards are my choice of creation for Christmas. Keeping that in mind, here is another simple but fun Christmas card. Again, I am stepping out of my comfort zone and using a colored card base, but I think it's that extra kick of color that keeps it fun.


I won these Hiedi Swapp calendar months stamps over the summer, and actually opened them for the first time for this card. I don't know about you guys, but I wasn't impressed with the stamping of this set. I noticed that the stamps had some bubbles in them that were messing up the stamped impression. I had to go so far as to trimming them down and cutting the tips of the bubbles off with a pair of scissors. I don't know...maybe I had a "bad" set. But in spite of that, I still managed to make it work.

For that delicious candy cane striped paper I used PTI's Faux Ribbon set...again. (Can you tell I love that set? Seriously, if you don't have it...you need it.) I stamped the fat lines in SU! Real red on a diagonal. Then I went between each line with the narrowest line in Versamark, sprinked some SU! Heat and Stick powder, did a little heat tool action...and covered with SU! red glitter. What do you think...are you wanting that set yet?

I will be back later with my Christmas cards that I am sending out this year. I finally settled on a design, and cut everything for mass production. LOVELY! Have a great night!

Project Supplies

Stamps
Heidi Swapp
Ink
Stampin' Up! Old Olive, Real Red; Versamark
Paper
Stampin' Up! Old Olive, Whisper White
Punches
Fiskars corner rounder punch; Martha Stewart border punch
Other
ribbon (Stampin' Up!); Heat and Stick powder (Stampin' Up!); candy stickers (Martha Stewart); Shimmer Alpha Stickers in red (Making Memories)

1 comment:

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest