Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Double Duty: Mr. Twigster

I finally decided on the design for my Christmas cards this year and sat down last weekend to crank them out.

OK, so I actually decided on two...but they are the same layout, so mass production was still super easy. I used my Circle Scissors Plus to cut out all of the circles for the matting for the images, and my paper trimmer for everything else. Once I had everything out it was time to start stamping.

I used PTI's Polka Dot Basics II in SU!'s Whisper White for the background panel, and a couple of the images from SU!'s Mr. Twigster set for the focal images. I just love this set, I forgot how fun that little snowman is. Here I used the tree image from the set, stamped first in Whisper White, and then again in Close to Cocoa (both SU!) and punched them out.

Then I stamped the "joy" sentiment from PTI's Signature Christmas in SU! Real Red, inked the edges of the circle, and added some SU! glitter in red with a Martha Stewart glue pen.

After they were all glittered and matted, I matted my polka dot background with matching cardstock and tied Martha Stewart baker's twine around the lower half. If you have not discovered this stuff yet...get some! It has become a staple in my stash. I find myself turning to it again and again.

And last, just assemble. So quick and easy. I kept them simple and flat for mailing, much better to make sure they arrive in one piece. I was able to crank out about 10 an hour (that includes stamping and cutting). That's an average of 6 minutes per card. Not too bad, huh? Or is it. Hmmmm...LOL. Here's a shot of the finished card and a close up of the snowman...isn't he too cute!?

As always, thanks for stopping by! Hope you are caught up on all of your holiday activities and are enjoying your time with loved ones. Cause lord knows I'm nowhere near caught up! ;o)

6 comments:

  1. Wow Dawn these are great! I love seeing your process too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these cards you made, Dawn. Thanks for sharing how to do these things. :)
    Very nice to meet you :)
    Uyen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, just wanted to pop by and thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a lovely comment....means a lot!

    Abby:)

    P.S. I enjoyed perusing through your lovely blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! I love the polka dots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Dawn! I love your cards and the tutorial on mass producing WITHOUT pulling your hair out. LOL! The touches of glitter on yoru cards make me smile. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable and fun cards! Love all the kraft, twine & glitter.

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest