Sunday, January 24, 2010

Embellish Stripes Color Challenge


Wow, what a week! I am super tired right now and apologize for the poor picture quality. I just didn't feel like getting out the light tent. I've been working around the clock getting ready for my big announcement. Be sure to check back here often throughout the week as there is going to be some big news and a ton of excitement.

For today's card I participated in Embellish Magazine's Stripes Color Challenge: Purple, Brown, and Kraft. Now it's no secret that I *almost* hate the color purple. But I thought what the heck. So here it is.

I did my infamous CAS style. Love those minimalistic designs. I really think it's the details that make a CAS card work. Here, I masked the middle with a heart and stamped right over it with brown and purple ink using PTI's Faux Ribbon set. I stamped my sentiment in the middle of the masked area, and then pre-pierced my holes in a heart shape just insided the masked area. This made it super easy to come in and do some back-stitching. Hope you enjoy and have a wonderful night!

13 comments:

  1. I guess I'll quit stalking :)
    LOVE this minimalist card. Just gorgeous and eeek, purple huh? Ash knows I hate that color. She's not a fan either :P But hey, if it's not a challenge then I'll have stacks of purple paper :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect CAS card!! This is the reason why i love your cards so much! Coz I'm a fan of CAS style :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, blow me down! How in the he-double tooth picks did I miss THIS! What a sweet and wonderfully created card - YEE HAW! I love it, sweet pea! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just fantastic!!! Simple, elegant and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, Dawn! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those clean lines withthose colours - really effective!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clean line with a heart in the middle! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest