Friday, August 30, 2013

Dockside with Hannah Craner

Happy Friday!

Not only is it Friday, but it's a three day weekend! And here to help us celebrate, it's Hannah Craner. And she's sending us off into the weekend Nautical style.

I don't know about you, but I am so enjoying Hannah's clean style. Her color choices and layouts are so classic yet modern and fresh. The negative circle she's cut from the center banner, allowing the background rope stamping to show through perfectly sets off the life preserver and draws your eye straight to it. Pairing the "thanks" sentiment with the life preserver was such a great idea. Kinda infers that "you helped/saved me".

Here's another example of some clever die cutting.

Whaaat!? How cool is that? I'm seriously going to be stealing borrowing this little technique. The real kicker? How careful she was to preserve the pattern on each die cut piece so that it never breaks and your eye kinda fills in the rest and makes it one unified piece - even with the negative spaces. So cool.

Hannah has more photos and all of the details on creating these projects on her blog. Be sure to head over and leave her some love!

Have a crafty day!

6 comments:

  1. WOW x WOW!! Fabulous cards! Hannah's techniques are amazing and the results absolutely stunning! LOVE what you've shared here!! Thanks so much!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning cards. So creative, clean and crisp. I am really enjoying Hannah's posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are completely AWESOME!!! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous, really! I think everyone who sees them will be stealing, I mean borrowing these ideas! I kind of wish I hadn't stopped by here right before bed. Now I'll be up half the night planning how to use these techniques on my cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous, really! I think everyone who sees them will be stealing, I mean borrowing these ideas! I kind of wish I hadn't stopped by here right before bed. Now I'll be up half the night planning how to use these techniques on my cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm dying right now...these are so fabulous! XO

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest