Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Quick Clips with Natalia Valkovskaya

Hello everyone! This is Natalia and I’m so happy to be back here today to share two quick (3 minute) videos with you!

Wedding season is just around the corner, and although most of my friends are already happily married you never know, right? Better be prepared. So I’m stepping out of my comfort zone as far as the colour palette goes and making a wedding card using the Flower Doodles Die. This is a really great set with adorable doodly flowers and two sentiments. You can use it in so many ways! Love it


Watch above or watch in HD at YouTube

There are stand alone leaves and rose bud dies in the set. I die cut a bunch of those from the Inkadinkado masking paper and arranged them on the panel which is just a piece of regular A2 white cardstock. I then used a Clarity Brush to add Shell Pink Ink. I like the soft look the brush helps me to achieve, and t is exactly what I need for this project. After removing the masks (always my favourite part by the way), I trimmed the panel down to 5 x 3.75 inches.

For the sentiment, I’ve used Bold Banner Greetings stamps and companion die. I die cut the banner and the card base from Dove Grey cardstock, which is a very beautiful subtle grey - just perfect for my card today. I stamp the sentiment in Fairy Dust Ink.

I die-cut one of the flowers from the set, and used my mini daubers to colour it with the same inks I used previously. Finally, I foam mounted the panel and the banner and adhered the flower with a glue pen. For extra support of the delicate die cut, I cut tiny pieces of foam tape for the parts of the flower that hang off the banner. A sprinkle of sequins to add a little sparkle and it’s done!

Before I go, here’s a bonus for you!

Have you ever been in a situation when you need a card or a gift tag, like right now? I know I have. So here’s a super quick mini card/tag idea using the same Flower Doodles Die.


Watch above or watch in HD at YouTube

All you need is an A2 piece of cardstock, distress ink pad of your choice, a die-cut flower from the set, and your favourite sentiment. Four simple steps and you are ready to go:

  1. Fold the piece of cardstock in half
  2. Press the ink pad against the folded cardstock
  3. Adhere the die-cut
  4. Add the sentiment

Done!

I hope I could give you some inspiration! Thanks again for your time!

As always, be safe, and happy crafting!

~Natalia

10 comments:

  1. I really loved all of these Natalia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so kuchen, Sharna! I appreciate your comment! :*

      Delete
    2. So kuchen? What language does my auto-correct speak?! :))) Thank you so much! :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful wedding card and I love those tags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Natalia, you have inspired me I just made 4 small cards for a gift for one of my friend. Louise from Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Louise! Thank you so much for your comment! It made me really happy! So glad you liked this idea and gave it a try! Cheers! :)

      Delete
  4. I love your Mr. & Mrs. card--beautiful background, soft colors. The smaller cards you made are darling. Thank you for sharing both.

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest