Friday, May 8, 2009

Feature Friday - Rose's World

Thank God it's Friday, that is all I have to say about that!

Today you get a two for one. I wanted to show you the gorgeous flower pot card that I made for the very special mom's in my life...and showcase the blogger who gave me the inspiration. (yes, I know, I jumped on the bandwagon...but they really are beautiful IRL)

Since it's Feature Friday, I will share Rose's World with you first. Have fun browsing her site, she has some wonderful samples. Very modern, clean, and great use of color.

Below is my version of her flower pot card:

This card really was a lot of fun to make. Sometimes the more tedious, the more relaxing it can be. I used the texturz plates on creamy caramel card stock for the pot itself to add a little interest and then sponged over it with creamy caramel to make the embossing pop and the edges of the pot to give it an aged look. (Thanks Rose!) Lot's of Big Shot on this card, but you know what, that makes it go much faster than it appears. ;o)

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used:

Paper:
Pink Pirouette card stock
Riding Hood Red card stock
Kiwi Kiss card stock (trying to use up those In-Colors before the new ones come out)
Creamy Caramel card stock
Bella Rose designer series paper (for the "M" on the tag)

Ink:
Pretty In Pink (sponging on the edge of the large flower petals)
Creamy Caramel (sponging on the pot)

Accessories:
Big Shot
Birds & Blooms sizzlits
Billboard decorative strip
Flower Layers original dies
Corner Rounder punch
Scallop Edge Punch
Crop-a-Dile
Jumbo Eyelets
Pink Piroutee ribbon

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally getting the big shot!!! That is one of my all time favorite cards you have done. I bet both mother's will love them!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest