Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Inspiration Challenge #1 Glitter and Chipboard, Oh My!

I took some time to create my own glittery chipboard embellishments using my Big Shot. The little cutie above uses some left over pieces from the Lattice Sizzix Die from Stampin' Up!. I just LOVE this die. I have done so much with it already...but I have submitted some for pub, so if I don't hear something in a week or so, I will post them as well. Here is a shot of some of the pieces I made today.


I tried a few different techniques. I left the little curly brackets naked, covered the front with Stampin' Up! liquid glue and then glittered them up with Dazzling Diamonds. The big heart is also naked, covered with glue, and then sprinked with red cozmo glitter. For the little petals of my flowers above, I first covered them with white craft ink by pressing them directly on the pad. Once dry, I covered with glue, and then sprinkled with Dazzling Diamonds. For the large black curly bracket, I used some black embossing powder and then applied a light sprinkling of Dazzling Diamonds. Nothing earth shattering, but it saves a little cash when you already have the product on hand. ;o)

OK, now it's your turn. Let's see your inspiration with chipboard!

Here's the details: Create a card, scrapbook page, altered item, or anything using chipboard. It can be totally unique or something tried and true. I will keep Mr. Linky opened until ETA: 8pm Friday August 15th. Have fun and I hope you decide to play along!

Links are now closed.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dawn! Thanks for inspiring me to use chipboard on my card! Have a Blessed night! :)

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest