Sunday, September 27, 2009

Inspire Me Challenge #1: CASE

Since there were only two entries I decided to do both. The first is by the wonderful Kimberly Trevino.

CASE Card


Inspiration Card

Aren't those flourishes amazing?(Click on the image to see the full card) This is where I drew my inspiration from on this card. I hand sketched some flourises on SU!'s kraft card stock, and then came back in with my white gel pen to trace and add some whimsy. When working with the white gel pen be sure to move slowly. If it does skip some on you, I found that you could go over it again after it was dry. I added a few little birds in the mix and a sentiment, then finished it off with some inking around the edges.

The next CASE comes from THE fabulous Kerrianne Gwin.

CASE Card

Inspiration Card


I just loved the way this layout incorporated the inside of the card. Cutting the top layer shorter was ingenious. (Click the image to see the full card) I used this as my inspiration. I kept the layout out pretty much the same, using a single bold image as the front and adding a sentiment to the bottom of the inside. Again, I hand sketched a "not so spooky" spider web and then traced over it with the white gel pen. Boy that thing is getting a workout lately. Then I added a cute little spider and my sentiment, and tied it all up with a bow.

I hope you enjoyed looking and I will be posting another challenge this week. If you have an idea for a challenge focus, please leave comments. I'd love to read how you guys would like to be challenged!

Project Supplies

Thanks For Everything
Card stock: SU! Kraft
Ink: Colorbox liquid chalk ink Dark Brown, Cream
Stamps: Inkadinkado acrylic stamps
Accessories: Sakura Gelly Roll med white gel pen, corner rounder

Frightfully Delightful
Card stock: SU! Pumpkin Pie
Ink: Stazon in black; SU! Whisper White craft ink
Stamps: TPC Studio acrylic stamps Jeepers Creepers set
Accessories: Sakura Gelly Roll med white gel pen, ribbon, SU! Scallop Border punch

1 comment:

  1. These are great cards! Sorry I missed the challenge! :( I'll try and do the next one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest