Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Mix and Match Stamp Sets w/Joni ft. Modern Anemones

Hello Everyone, Joni here sharing another take for the Valentines Day card ideas. For this project I used the oldie but goodie Modern Anemones stamp and dies, then combined it using the sentiment from the Biggest Fan stamp set.

To begin, I distressed the white cardstock panel using Distress Oxide Inks in Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers and Faded Jeans. I then splattered the panel with water and gold watercolor paint to create a little texture. Next, I die-cut the center using the decorative die from the Oh My Gostrich! Die. I stamped the card base that shows through the die cut window with the large "love you" sentiment from Biggest Fan.

For the florals, I stamped the anemones and leaves from Modern Anemones on white cardstock and colored them with Copic markers. I used the coordinating Modern Anemones Die to die cut all of the images.

I adhered the florals at the top and bottom of the card, framing the sentiment, with foam tape for a little more dimension. I also used a few Pretty Pink Posh Ivory Jewels for added interest.

For my next, card I used the same products, but added the Milk and Cookies stamps and dies to the mix. These sets are not something that one might think to used together at first glance.

But, I think they look pretty awesome together! How about you?

I started by distressing white cardstock with Distress Oxide Inks in Abandoned Coral and Worn Lipstick. Again, I splattered the panel with water and watercolor gold paint.

For this card I stamped the large "love you" again from the Biggest Fan then stamped the "we're just better together" sentiment from Milk and Cookies over the middle of it. I adhered the florals from Modern Anemones behind the milk and cookie images. And like the last card, I again used the Pretty Pink Posh Ivory Jewels to finish the card.

I hope you guys enjoyed my take on mixing and matching your sets and gives you some ideas to incorporate into your own work. Make sure to shop your stash and experiment pairing different things together. It can really breathe new life into those older products. And, you may even find something that would look great with a new product that you've had your eye on!

Thanks for joining me today and I hope you have a wonderful week!

Featured Supplies

For your convenience, here is a list of the featured Wplus9 supplies used on today's project(s), along with links to purchase.

Wplus9 Modern Anemones Stamps
Wplus9 Modern Anemones Stamps
Shop at:
WP9
Biggest Fan
Biggest Fan
Shop at:
WP9
Oh My Gostrich! Die
Oh My Gostrich! Die
Shop at:
WP9
Modern Anemones Die
Modern Anemones Die
Shop at:
WP9
Milk & Cookies
Milk & Cookies
Shop at:
WP9
Milk & Cookies Die
Milk & Cookies Die
Shop at:
WP9

4 comments:

  1. Oh both these cards are stunning! And I love the cookies and flowers. And the splatter as a finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what do I think? I think you've colored my all-time favorite, dunk-able, cookie!!
    Joni, they are both really very beautiful! the 'Love you, just love you' sentiment is wonderful!
    =]

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest