Tuesday, March 19, 2019

He Is Risen Two Ways w/Joni

Hello Everyone! Today I'm sharing two cards that use the same base images. By simply switching up the placement and using different bases, I'm able to achieve two totally different looks. Both cards feature the stamp set He is Risen stamps and die.

To begin, I first ink blended Distress Oxide Ink in Abandon Coral onto pink cardstock for my background. I then stamped the lilies with black ink, colored them with Copic Makers and cut them out using the companion die.

Next, I stamped the sentiment - included in the He Is Risen stamp set - in black and colored the banner with Copic Marker for interest. I then adhered the flowers and leaves with foam tape for dimension. To finish off the card, I added a few jewels from Pretty Pink Posh.

For the second card, I also distressed the card base with Distress Oxide Ink, but this time I used Black Soot, Faded Jeans, and Peacock Feathers.

Next, I splattered a little water on the card base to give it interest, since the Distress Oxide Inks react with water. The flowers and leaves were again colored with Copic Markers, but I changed the placement of the images to give it a different look.

I also switched up the sentiment on this one. I used another sentiment, also included in the same set, and heat embossed it in white on a black cardstock to make the sentiment pop. I adhered everything with foam tape and again, added some jewels from Pretty Pink Posh to finish off the card.

What do you guys think? I hope you enjoyed!

Thanks for stopping by!

Featured Supplies

For your convenience, here is a list of the featured Wplus9 supplies used on today's project(s), along with links to purchase.

He Is Risen
He Is Risen
Shop at:
WP9
He Is Risen Die
He Is Risen Die
Shop at:
WP9

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card design! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Joni, these are both GORGEOUS, and what a wonderful stamp set! I so love sentiments that are so dear to me, and your coloring and arrangements are fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with this set. I love them both! Hugs! Cheryl Scrivens at http://www.cherylquilts.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joni, how fabulous are these cards! Your colouring is amazing. As a newer copic coloured, I would love to know the colours you used! Please share, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers are stunning!!!
    Cristina
    Thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest