Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Watercolored Anemones w/Kara

Hello again friends!  Today I have a birthday card to share using the beautiful Watercolored Anemones stamp set. This is an easy to use multi-step stamp set that creates stunning flowers in a watercolor style. One of my favorites!

I started by stamping the large bouquet image in a very light grey ink. I used Fairy Dust ink. This creates a base for lining up all of the other stamping, but in the end doesn't show. With that light base as a guide it is super easy to add all of the other layers of the flowers, stems and leaves.

I chose Last Leaf and Appletini ink for my stems and leaves. I love these two colors together. I'm sure at this point you can tell which colors I used for my flowers. They are my all time favorite Pure Color combination ; Little Piggy, Sweet Gelato and Cranberry Crush accented with a little black center.

I added my sentiment using the 'happy birthday' from And Many More and the word 'friend' from Modern Anemones. I wanted the sentiment to stand out more among the flowers so I added a frame from Autumn Blessings. I colored in the frame with a black Copic marker and then added some shimmer with a clear glitter pen.

As one final detail I added a strip of black glitter on black card stock to the right side of the card panel. It's subtle, but in the right light really shines!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Featured Supplies

For your convenience, here is a list of the featured Wplus9 supplies used on today's project(s), along with links to purchase.

Wplus9 White Cardstock
Wplus9 White Cardstock
Shop at:
WP9
Wplus9 Black Cardstock
Wplus9 Black Cardstock
Shop at:
WP9
Wplus9 4 Bar Stitched Rectangles Die
Wplus9 4 Bar Stitched Rectangles Die
Shop at:
WP9
Wplus9 PURE COLOR Black Dye Ink
Wplus9 PURE COLOR Black Dye Ink
Shop at:
WP9
Wplus9 Modern Anemones Stamps
Wplus9 Modern Anemones Stamps
Shop at:
WP9
Watercolored Anemones Stamps
Watercolored Anemones Stamps
Shop at:
WP9
And Many More!
And Many More!
Shop at:
WP9 | SSS | EH
Autumn Blessings
Autumn Blessings
Shop at:
WP9

4 comments:

  1. your is just so lovely, Kara and thanks for the layering technique tip - will have to give that a try

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara, I love this card! I especially like that you used a stamp set that is a little older. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest