Saturday, August 28, 2010

September 2010 Sneak Peek Day 1: Ever After

Welcome to the Wplus9 Design Studio September Release! As usual, we will spend the next couple of days giving you peeks at some projects created using stamps from this month's release.

This month, we are only releasing one stamp set. But don't fret, it is simply gorgeous. Am I allowed to say that? Oh well, it is! I am am so happy to be able to devote all of the countdown days to this stamp set...it is that much fun.

Ever After

  • is a 6x8 clear photopolymer stamp set
  • contains 14 stamps; 4 sentiments, and 10 images
  • will be available for purchase September 1st for just $19

Today I am focusing on one of the images and sentiments included in the set.

As you can see, I've taken basically the same card, and by switching just a few of the materials created one very soft card and the other just a bit more modern and graphic.

I started by stamping some of the leaves from Woodgrain Silhouettes Additions in Versamark onto a Kraft card base.


For my focal image, I cut a label from Vintage Cream cardstock using a Spellbinder's die. I spritzed the entire label label lightly with Glimmer Mist and let it dry completely. Once dry, I stamped the flower and stem in Tim Holtz Distress Ink and added my sentiment. I am IN LOVE with this font. You will see a lot more of it in the future. This really does glimmer so softly and beautifully in person, click on the picture to zoom in and I managed to catch some of it on film for you guys.

For my coloring, I used my Copics, and decided only to color the blooms. This was a personal preference and you could certainly color it all if you'd like. But I just left the rest bare for interest. Here's a quick tip as well. You'll notice that closest to the center of the flower, where the petals have been drawn to curl in, I have left these little "lips" the lightest color instead of coloring them darker. This causes the petals to appear to fold over instead of curling in. Then towards the bottom I've colored them darker. Just another way to use your colors to manipulate the image the way you want it to appear.

I finished of the base of the card by adding a little burlap and some DeNami buttons. I actually pulled one of the fibers from the burlap to thread through the buttons, I like the way this ties the two elements together even further.

All that was left was to assemble the card.

For the second card, I just made a few small changes. I embossed the background, and added more depth and shading to the coloring of my flowers to give the card more contrast. I used a deeper chocolate color for my sentiment. And finally, I omitted the burlap and buttons, and switched the crepe ribbon for some chocolate grossgrain.

Want to see more? All of the girls are joining us today so be sure to stop by and show them some love.

You'll notice that I haven't actually said what kind of flower this is...huh? So what kind of flower do you think it is? Here's a hint, I have not depicted it in it's native color today.

Since this is the only set this month, I'll be doing the giveaway a bit differently. Leave me a comment by 11:59 pm August 30th. I will pick two random winners from all countdown comments combined to win "Ever After". I'll be back tomorrow with more from this fabulous set!

Project Supplies

Blooms With Love
Stamps: Ever After, Woodgrain Silhouettes Additions (Wplus9)
Ink: Chestnut Roan, Dark Brown liquid chalk ink (Colorbox); Tattered Rose, Antique Linen distress ink (Tim Holtz Ranger); Tattered Rose glimmer mist (Tattered Angels); Versamark; Copic markers
Paper: Kraft cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Vintage Cream cardstock (Papertrey Ink)
Fibers: Burlap (K & Company); Crepe ribbon (craft supply); Chocolate grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink);
Other: die (Spellbinders); buttons (DeNami Designs); transparent embossing powder (Stampendous); Heat tool

52 comments:

  1. Oooo, Dawn! So pretty! I love the fantastic texture that burlap adds, and your color choices make that stamp sing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeee - you are JUST the queen of elegance! How can ONE woman make SUCH outstanding card craft with ONE stamp, such elegant simplicity and leave me clamoring for MORE! I love these, you craftilicious wonder-woman! I'm ALREADY counting down 'till day 2!!! {What FUNNNN!}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I do LOVE it! I have been looking for a flower stamp and I think this is going to be it! Just Beautiful! I think it's a rose, but I'm sure it's not! I don't know flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Dawn! My guess is that the image is a gardenia, but I could be totally out to lunch. LOL Can't wait to see the other samples!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not only is that stamp gorgeous but the colors you used and the way you stamped and colored it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you used stamps to make your own DP! Great new set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty stamp set! Can't wait to see all the ways your team uses it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh... these are lovely. Love the burlap and buttons you added to the first card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty card! It'd work great for a wedding or anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your colouring of the gardenia is just exquisite Dawn. This is definitely on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Dawn! What a sweet and pretty card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! This is a gorgeous flower and the script and size of the sentiment "Congratulations" is perfection. What I love most about your stamp sets is that somehow, they combine all the things I want in one set. "The heart blooms with love" is such a beautiful thought. Thanks for all your creativity and offering great variety in the stamping world.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Dawn, this sneak peek is gorgeous! is it a rose? and the way you have coloured it is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. very elegant stamp and designs. gorgeous cards, Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, both are gorgeous!! I love the addition of burlap & buttons, stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. STUNNING!!!! Such a gorgeous card and this set looks stunning! You're coloring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What fantastic cards...love both versions...thanks for the step-by-step tooooo.
    Cynthia Schelzig

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! The card is really beautiful, you did a great job on the gardenia. I love it. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow what a beautiful stamp and a gorgeous card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this card. It is so elegant. I love the shine you added to it by using glimmer mist. Your coloring is superb. You sure I just can't pop over to your house and take a peak at this set?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a gorgeous card. Love the added texture against the soft colors. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a beautiful and dreamy set Dawn! I have cheated, just a bit and stopped by your design team first, and one of them gave it away (starts with a g, but I can't remember how to spell it-it's white!) My grandmother had these at her wedding in December fifty odd years ago. Love your cards today, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh my WOW!!! your cards are simply GORGEOUS!!! so excited to see more sneak peaks of the set!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your cards are stunning. I say the stamp is a gardenia.

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are stunning, Dawn! I love both but the one with the burlap detail is truly awesome. I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this Dawn! Its my moms favorite flower!!! She would love a card with this set :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful cards! The softness of the colours compliment the stamp! Looking forward to seeing the rest of the set.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous stamp and equally gorgeous cards. Love how just small changes really changes the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  29. These are stunning! Loved your two style takes on the one layout and stamp. Thanks for creating such an amazing collection of images!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh Dawn! You've done it again. This set will definitely be mine comes Sept 1st! I can't wait. Your cards are so simple yet stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your cards are gorgeous, beautiful job on the coloring!! I do not know my flowers, so I have no idea which flower it is, but whatever, your version is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  32. These new flowers are GORGEOUS Dawn! Your card is beautiful and I love the DT samples too!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful coloring - love the card! Since I am not really up on flowers - I do love them, I will go with my first thought, rose.

    ReplyDelete
  34. hmmmmm, I have NO IDEA.
    My thumbs are brown, not green, from all my different color ink pads.
    How many times have you hear that one?

    Seriously! But she is gorgeous!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. gardenia? she sure is a beauty.

    I'll take two! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow what a set! And how talented you are! Love your cards so much today!

    ReplyDelete
  37. WOW!! This is sure to be a wonderful stamp set....Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I think gardenia, too. Love the burlap and the glimmer mist is just enough sparkle. Wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Absolutely stunning!! I love it, the flower, the colors you chose, everything. And can I just say how HAPPY I am you are only releasing one set?! For me it makes it even more exciting and more than that managable to be included in the fun...hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  40. these are SO charming, dawn! and i have no idea about the flower, but i love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  41. The new stamp images look fantastic and your cards are just beautiful! Can't wait to see the whole release!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hellooooo shabby and elegant card! I love the subtle textures and spectrums of pinks and browns. *sigh* this is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a gorgeous and elegant set! Thank you so much for the tips and tutorial. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Swoon...these are gorgeous!!! I'm in love with your coloring on these!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wow- so stunning! And such wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  46. What a stunning project! I love how the "background" stamping compliments the focal image and especially love the burlap mixed with buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Gorgeous designs, Dawn! I loved your use of burlap.

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest