Sunday, August 29, 2010

September 2010 Sneak Peek Day 2: Ever After

Welcome back to Day 2 of our sneak peeks. I want to thank you all so much for all of the kind, kind comments you've left and for all of your support. Seriously, from the bottom of my heart, thank you. I have some more samples for you today, using our September Release stamp set, Ever After.

This set focuses all around one of the most fragrant flowers, the Gardenia. Yep. That gorgeous white bloom with the deep green, wide, waxy leaves and the intoxicating scent. I just love this flower and it always makes me think of weddings. Such a truly elegant and classy flower. I tried to throw you off yesterday by coloring the stemmed gardenia included in the set in pink. OK, so I mostly did it just to show you how this really can be colored to be made like any flower you want. But today, I want to show you how this set truly captures the essence of that beautiful flower.

I started by stamping the large solid bloom three times in Versamark onto white cardstock and embossed them using White Detail embossing powder. After embossing them, I wanted to add just a bit of creamy depth, so I went over all of them with some Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antiqued Linen. This added just the right amount of shadow and dirt. To assemble, I cut two of the blossoms out whole, trimmed off the outer petals from the third, and then stacked them with dimensionals. I stamped the solid leaf in Old Olive ink (Stampin' Up!) onto Ripe Avocado cardstock (Paptertrey Ink) and trimmed those out as well.

I used some glue dots to adhere the bloom to the outside of a frame I picked up from Micheal's. For the inside, I used a Vintage Cream piece of cardstock, and stamped another of the sentiments that is included in Ever After in Dark Brown Colorbox ink. And all around the edges randomly stamped the same leaf. Truly not much else was needed. These images really do stand on their own and little effort is needed to create a stunner.

I want to share another of my favorite things to do with any stamp. Creating patterned paper. I know I'm not alone in this, there is just nothing better than stamping and hey, stamping out patterns means...more stamping! LOL

For this, I used one of the outlined leaf images and the small solid bloom and randomly stamped them onto Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin' Up!). I inked the edges a bit and then sprayed the whole thing with some Glimmer Mist.

Since the pattern is a bit loud and busy, I layered it under a Kraft panel that I stamped with the solid leaf in Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink) and added both the large and solid blooms stamped in Riding Hood Red ink (Stampin' Up!). I finished it off with another of the sentiments included in Ever After. I really like this color combo, the Tim Holtz distress ink in Antique Linen comes out looking a bit gold when used to stamp with.

So there you have day 2. I really try to pack in as much as I can into each set for you guys. I take into account that some of us like to color and some don't. Some of us like to scrapbook, so we need bigger images and sometimes we like to build a little intricate masterpiece so we want little scene building images. So, I really have only scratched the surface of this set, I still have some fun stuff to show you tomorrow. And, if you want more right now...check out what the design team has to share:

And don't forget since this is the only set releasing this month, the giveaway is a bit different. Leave a comment by 11:59 pm August 30th, and I will pick two random winners from all countdown comments combined to win "Ever After". Be sure to leave a comment each day to increase your chances!

37 comments:

  1. I was ALREADY "going" over the home dec frame thingy you've going on the first project - I mean, seriously, how clever that you had a framed image and ONE GLORIOUS GARDENIA, literally, leaping out of the frame! That is FUN!!!! But then, you did it AGAIN! That lil' red number is ALL that! Ooow baby, I adore your fearless use of color and that smashing d/p you've created! I did something similar on my card, but then proceeded to COVER IT UP! {haa hah!} But, it's still fun! I simply LOVE this set, Dawn! You've outdone yourself, across the board! Yee Haw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love both these projects you've displayed today. I am really head over heals for that sentiment and the bloom images! I can't wait to get this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like this release is going to be better than ever! Positively Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty with so many different looks using this one stamp set! This is a 'gotta have'!

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow your card with the red blossoms is so very striking! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are super pretty, Dawn! I love the simplicity of the framed project- it's truly stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Could your samples be any more beautiful! They just take my breath away. Can't wait to see what Day 3 has in store for us stalkers - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Dawn, these are AWESOME!!! I love the frame but the card is just drop dead gorgeous!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the framed saying with the simple flower in the corner, really beautiful. Love the card you did, Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely image. Gardenia is one of my favorite flowers. Your card is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both are stunning! I love the contrast of colors in the second, it's just striking!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow! I love your creations with that set!!! The DP you made is awesome! I ♥ it!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. These projects are soo gorgeous wow and I am just loving this set just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's sooo hard not to want to fussy cut these flowers... Huh, Dawn? These projects are gorgeous! I, absolutely, LOVE that red one! Swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Soooooo pretty. I love the background paper you created!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is always so inspiring to see how you can take same stamp set and give it so many different, beautiful, stunning looks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am in LOVE with the second card you made with your own pattern paper! Those colors are so rich and vibrant! This stamp set is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. HOLEY COW! Your decor piece is just stunning! And your second project??? Absolutely breathtaking!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW Dawn, I LOVE the patterned paper you made with this set, and the card you made with it, just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The back ground paper on the card is amazing! The framed image and quote is so precious. I really love those leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just beautiful - I love the homemade background paper!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, both of your projects are simply stunning! Love the boldness of your card and the simple beauty of the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  23. SO lovely! I love the frame and I LOVE the sentiment, just absolute perfection!! The red number is quite the stunner too...I love gardenias, I grew up with them and they bring back some very sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
  24. both are gorgeous, dawn! this background stamping would make darling tissue paper in a gift bag:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. These projects are gorgeous! My fingers are itching to use those stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great examples! I'd love to see more examples of scrapbooking layouts too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Incredible! I love the frame and the background on the card is exceptional. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. OMG...I love both of these projects. The white on white is so elegant and I love how you created the background paper...totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful! Love the home decor piece and how the red flower just pops!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Magically stunning! The flower is amazing in both the white and the red. LOVE how the card was put together.

    ReplyDelete
  31. LOVE the your creations!! Love also how you did the background paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow gorgeous creations, love them!! :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. GARDENIA!? How did I not know that? It's one of the best smelling flowers...EVER! I am loving this set so much! I'm ready to buy it now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the fact that there are both solid and outline images! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love that stunning, vivid card!
    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest