Friday, October 13, 2017

The Crew: School Days With Kara

Hello! It's Kara and I'm back today to share a fun-to-create card for the book lover in your life using the new The Crew: School Days stamp set.

As I've mentioned before, I interpret for students in a high school. Last week was our librarian's birthday and I wanted to create a special card for her. She is such a great resource for the staff and students. When I was thinking about what kind of card I wanted to make her an image of her at her desk surrounded by books came to mind. I knew that with the new School Days stamp set I could easily create that.

I started by stamping the stack of books stamp repeatedly on white cardstock to create the background.  I wanted to leave that black and white so that the books in the foreground really stood out. I stamped and die cut the same stack of books quite a few times, as you can see. This time I colored them with Copics in primary colors to keep it bright and fun.

I love that the people in this set, as well as the Garden Club set, have many different styles of clothing and hairstyles so that you can customize it to you recipient. Once she was colored, I tucked her in behind the large oval window that I die cut using the Basic Greetings die. I then stacked the books around her using various adhesives to add dimension.

A simple 'You're the best' sentiment embossed on a black banner from Bountiful Blooms Dies is the finishing touch. She loved it and I hope you do too! Thanks so much for stopping by today and I'll see you again soon.

Featured Supplies

For your convenience, here is a list of the featured Wplus9 supplies used on today's project(s), along with links to purchase.

7 comments:

  1. That is awesome! What a great imagination you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Very sweet of you to make it for the librarian, they are usually an unappreciated lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! As a school librarian I have to say I adore this! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kara, I can see why she loved this card! It's amazing!!! Love how you kept the books in the background neutral so the ones in front would pop. A perfect card for a librarian! :) ~ Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a sweet gesture for her ! And the card couldn't be more perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kara, I love this librarian! Your layout is just too cool, I love how she's tucked in those stacks of books!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest