Monday, April 15, 2013

Outside The Box: Garden Fresh Gifts

Well, well, well...fancy seeing you here! There are some of you that I probably know and there are some that I've never met. Either way, I'm excited to be here at WPlus9!

Hold up...rewind...let me start at the beginning: My name is Amber. I blog about crafty stuff and I have a serious DIY problem. You can find me at Damask Love where I spend most of my time making stuff with paper and adding in a little sassy commentary from time to time.

For the next few months, you'll find me here...outside of my 'hood - contributing to the WPlus9 blog in an exclusive series of posts that I'm calling "Outside the Box." Here, I'll be using WPlus9 products to inspire you to dress up gifts and more.

I hope you'll join me as I hijack the blog once a month, on the 15th! And once you're done here, be sure to visit me at my own blog where promise to have even more crafty goodness.

To kick off "Outside the Box", I have a project that features one of my very favorite stamp sets: Hope Seed Co..

In the spirit of full disclosure, I should tell you that I have a floral stamp addiction. I love them all...and WPlus9 does them incredibly well. With spring upon us, it only made sense that I combine my love of florals with my love of packaging and create this simple but beautiful idea for dressing up your gifts.

With Mother's Day coming up, there's a good chance we'll all be purchasing a bouquet to give to Mom. Why not forgo the bouquet and add fresh flowers to your gift instead. It's a simple way to create a different garnish for your gift. The approach is simple.

Simply assemble your fresh flower garnish as shown. The purpose of the floral tube is simply to keep your blooms alive and pretty until you're ready to give the gift. Just before you hand it over, remove the floral tube...because, let's be honest...it's not all that pretty to look at!

The Hope Seed Co. stamp set adds the perfect coordinating accent for this gift packaging idea. The seed packets and floral images work beautifully as tags. To create these, I trimmed out the center of the seed packet die and trimmed off the top flap as well. Inside of each tag envelope is a mini card that I stamped and colored. A quick piece of baker's twine makes it easy to tie these on to your gift.

With this as inspiration, there's really no stopping you when it comes to creating fresh floral gift garnishes of your own!

Thank you so much Amber for joining us today, and can I just say that we'd let you hijack the blog anytime! Be sure to head over to Damask Love for more crafty inspiration, you won't be dissapointed!

2 comments:

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest