Saturday, September 30, 2017

GUEST ARTIST FEATURE: Amy Rysavy

Hello everyone! Amy Rysavy here with Prairie Paper & Ink, and I am so excited and honored to be guest designing again for WPlus9!

I needed to make a birthday card recently, and something I love to do is create and personalize birthday cards especially for my kids and kids of friends. I will spend extra time and effort on the one card just because I can and because I enjoy it so much!

I used the Friends for All Seasons: Fall stamp and coordinating die set, along with the That Is All stamp set.

When asked the recipient told me their favorite colors were "rainbow and gold" LOL! So that's what I decided to do.

I stamped the images onto some hot press watercolor paper with Versafine Onyx Black ink then watercolored them all in with my Mijello Mission Gold watercolors. I was totally inspired by a recent card that Kristina Werner did when I colored in the bear. I started with a light grey then dropped in various "rainbow" colors.

I created my background with a light watercolor that when dry I stamped and embossed the leaves from the Friends for All Seasons: Fall set. I added some gold watercolor and some splatter (of course!) before adhering my die cut bear and balloons with foam tape.

On the inside of the card is where I did the personalization. The Whimsy Alpha and coordinating die set are PERFECT for this sort of thing! I stamped them in rainbow order (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple – it was just luck that the letters in the name were the perfect amount) before die cutting them and adhering them to the inside of the card.

I completed the inside with more sentiments from the That Is All stamp set and that was it!

You can watch my video below for more info on how this card came together:


Watch above or watch in HD at YouTube

Thanks so much for joining me here today on the WPlus9 blog! I had a lot of fun creating this card (I always have so much fun creating with WPlus9 products!) and I hope y'all enjoyed the process!

AmyR

Featured Supplies

For your convenience, here is a list of the featured Wplus9 supplies used on today's project(s), along with links to purchase.

8 comments:

  1. Love your rainbow card Amy. Thank you for your video, always makes it easier to see how it’s done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really sweet Amy, I love to personalize cards whenever possible as well, esp. on kids cards. I know my little grandsons love it, it is so unexpected. Fantastic stamps and dies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're so adorable - I love that there's a set with different animals for each season LOL!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful way to add a rainbow to a card. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are lovely and I love the bright colors, I found them cheerful !

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest