Tuesday, March 15, 2016

GUEST ARTIST FEATURE: Kathy Racoosin

A little birdie told me... that today I wanted to create a beautiful floral background with ease. I decided to pair up the Happy Birds and Beautiful Bouquet: Ranunculus stamp sets. And why stop at one?

For the first card, I decided to do a little more detailed coloring with blending. I started by stamping everything onto Tim Holtz Watercolor Paper. I watercolored the sweet little bird and banner with markers and die cut a few panels to layer using dies from Lawn Fawn.

Coloring the Background
  1. For a quick background I added a base layer of my Spectrum Noir shimmer marker.
  2. Adding a darker shade in the corners was pretty quick and easy. Smooth them out with the lighter color.
  3. I did the same thing on some of the leaves just two colors with some quick highlights.
  4. I completed the rest of the bouquet and then filled in the background using Copic markers. Holy shimmers, Batman!

Now I do love shimmer, but let's be honest, this is calling for some vellum. Vellum is a girls best friend when we've gone a little overboard and need to diffuse our love of color and/or shimmer. ;o)

My second card had brighter colors and zero blending on the flowers. I did add just some basic blending on the leaves though because it was so quick and easy with my shimmer markers.

Most of the cute tail was covered by the banner so I snipped it and repositioned it on the side of the bird.

I also wanted to bring some of the shimmer back into the foreground. So I added some to both the bird and the banner.

Thanks for letting me share! It's always so exciting!

Kathy Racoosin
thedailymarker.com

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Kathy!! TFS :D LOVE this look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely cards! Those birds made it to my cart because of your cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card from Kathy! She's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty cards, love how you combined these sets! Though they have different styles it works so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always so impressive such beautiful cards Kathy I love the vellum and so agree it really helps to tone down something's and bring others to the forefront...miss you:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards! Thank you for sharing your talents (and sense of humor) with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cards are so lovely !!

    https://shirleyvicky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome cards!!!
    Cristina
    thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card design!!! Love the coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathy, you're so fun ;) laughed so hard reading the vellum explanation. God knows how often it saves me as well.
    Your card is stunning! Love how you colored the flowers and the bird is incredibly cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOWWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE these cards and the BEAUTIFUL Design!! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE these Cards!! Such a BEAUTIFUL Design!! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest