Sunday, March 27, 2016

VIDEO: Watercolor Stamping with Hand Doodling

Hey guys! Today I've got another fun video with a way to use your stamps while adding a little something that makes it unique to you - watercolor stamping with hand doodled details.

Watch above or watch in HD at YouTube

Watercolor stamping is always a way to make sure that each card looks unique even though you are using the same images as many other people.

However, by taking it a step further and adding your own hand doodled details, you can add your own personal flair. Plus, you're breathing new life into those stamps! Win-win!

For today's projects, I played around with older and newer sets - Whole Lotta' Happy and That Is All. You can really never go wrong with a good balloon image, can you? And the simple shape makes it a perfect candidate to dip your toes into doodling.

While I was at it, I used the same layout, but this time paired Whole Lotta' Happy with Happy Mail.

It's a very simple card and easy to mass produce. Plus, it just makes me smile. Another win!

Thanks for dropping in. I hope you are having a wonderful Easter weekend!

Featured Supplies

18 comments:

  1. Love this idea - and your cards are fabulous (as always!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have sworn the balloon strings were stamped. Your doodling is so perfect. Loved the glitter finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful in so many ways. The personal watercoloring and doodle lines, and the 2-layer glitter are so appealing. And a second card done with a simplified method of the first is a great bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is so amazing! I am going to make a card using this technique today. Thank you for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cards and videos. Always learn a lot. Beautiful work, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun! I love the glittered edge in addition to your technique for stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! Love your videos Dawn - thanks so much for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this fun technique, Dawn! Gonna have to try it soon! Beautiful cards! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the cheerful card you created, Dawn. Wonderful technique - I love adding details to make my cards to make them more my own style. I really love the little bear card - it makes me smile too! I have a weakness for bears.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like lots of fun and a great way to personalise each card. Thanks Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE!! Thanks so much for this fabulous video. Your cards are so wonderful! Adding some doodling is such a great technique to add interest to watercoloring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! this card is amazing and the colors are perfect!
    Cristina
    thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing card, amazing video! I learned so much. Thanks Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So fun! I love this balloon card, doodling and that black over clear glitter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was such an awesome video…. okay they are all totally awesome! Never stop. Stunning card, D!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think your card is amazing! What a perfect birthday card! Thank you for putting the video together!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely love the doodle effect with the balloons. Great cards.

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest