Saturday, March 19, 2016

The Chalkboard Technique with Maureen Merritt

The Chalkboard Technique is not only popular in home decor, we continue to find the Chalkboard technique in papercrafting as well. It seemed like a passing trend when it first started popping up in the paper crafting industry a few years ago, but it looks like it's here to stay.

And it's a technique that I turn to time and time again.

You only need a few items for this technique and it's quite easy to do, making it perfect for new stampers. First you will heat emboss your sentiment in white on black card stock. Alternatively, you could use a green shade reminiscent of chalkboards back in the day. You will then sponge White Pigment ink behind the sentiment and around the edges of the card stock. Easy Peasy!

Here's another card using the same technique.

 Wplus9 Supplies:
Stamps: Pretty Little Peonies, Happy Wishes  // Inks: White Pigment Ink, Ocean Drive, Wild Mango, Sweet Nectar, Beanstalk Dye Inks // Dies: Sunshine Layers Die // Cardstock: White, Black

Thanks for spending some time here with me today.  I hope that you are having a great crafty weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Really lovely! A technique I shall definitely be trying. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! I love them both and how they have some chalk board and some clean areas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never tire of seeing this darling technique - now why haven't I tried it?? beautiful cards, Maureen!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful, Maureen! I can't believe that I've NEVER tried this technique because I love the look of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful, and love the black and white twine - perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a lovely technique that has wonderful results - just like your duo of fabulous cards here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! I didn't think it was that simple...I have to try!
    Cristina
    thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the first card on white, such a nice contrast1

    ReplyDelete
  9. I believe chalkboard is one of those looks that from being a trend initially now became classic and will stay with us forever. Which makes me very happy, as I adore chalkboard!
    These cards are absolutely stunning! Chalkboard looks amazing again clean card design. Definitely will be trying using it with lots of white in the future. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE these Cards!! Such BEAUTIFUL Designs!! =) I LOVE the Chalkboard Designs!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest