Sunday, March 6, 2016

Stamp Layering with Kelly Latevola

Hello crafters! It's Kelly here, and I'm excited to share my take on combining old and new stamps.

For today's card, I've combined an older set called Quilt Prints with the more recent Doodle Buds. I love the idea of using a very traditional design like the quilt design with a fun and whimsical set.

You can watch me put them all together in the video below.

Watch above or watch in HD at YouTube

This allows you to not only stretch your stamps but get a completely different look. Quilt designs are traditionally more muted colors but the gorgeous blooms here give this card a punch of color that i just love.

Don't you just love how soft and pretty that Lake House ink is? I adore the way it blends out! I hope you enjoyed the video and will start thinking about combining your sets.

All stamps need love. :) Thanks for stopping by today!

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Those blooms really make a statement. The background is so soft and pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, as always, Kel! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! So pretty! I love the stamp combination and the vibrant purple you've used for your flowers.

    Thanks for the video too. I learned a lot. You're the second person today who I've heard mention baby wipes in their card-making video. I thought I was long done with those days, but I guess I need to add them to my shopping list!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are awesome Kelly, love your videos !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card and very nice colors!
    Cristina
    thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your card - so pretty and such cool stamps! Thanks so much for the video too - fun to listen to your accent!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful. I love the way you stamped and colored the flowers and the fun background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty Kelly, loved the video as always!That background is amazing, think I need to finally get Quilted Prints!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful. Love purple. 💗💗💗

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning! Love combinations in this card. Different design styles, soft and bright colors. Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the vibrant color purple,this is beautiful card,Kelly.Thanks so much for the video

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the vibrant color purple,this is beautiful card,Kelly.Thanks so much for the video

    ReplyDelete
  14. BEAUITIFUL!! Love the soft background and then the bold colours oaf the flowers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, wow, wow, Kelly! This is an amazing card, and I have both stamps and have to try this technique! Your video is amazing and so helpful! I so appreciate your explaining everything, and your coloring is exquisite and has such "pow" to it! Love it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing card and wonderful video, Kelly! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity and fabulous coloring! Wow, you sure can color! And truly, these look like you've fussy cut them! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest