Monday, July 24, 2017

Easy Window Card with Kara

Hey Guys! It's Kara and I'm here with another project to share featuring the new Southern Summer Florals 1. I've been spending a lot of time outdoors and my hydrangea bush is full of beautiful blue blooms. I decided to bring in those blue shades with this new floral set. Lake House and Nautical Navy are my favorite combination!

I started by die cutting a piece of white cardstock with the 4 Bar Stitched Rectangle Die. In the center of that I positioned the large oval from the Basic Labels Die to create a window. I created three clusters of flowers and leaves around the oval window placing some in front and some behind the opening. The clusters include the blue flowers I stamped earlier as well a few accent flowers stamped in Hayride ink and leaves stamped in Mojito and Appletini.

I die cut a banner using the Bold Banner Die to span the width of the oval window. Since the left side of the banner would be tucked into the floral cluster, I stamped my sentiment closer to the right end of the banner. I had blue hydrangea in my wedding bouquet so obviously this has got me thinking about love! I chose the Mr.&Mrs. stamps from the Bold Banner Greetings set as my main sentiment.

I placed the die cut embellished window on top of another panel of white cardstock that had been die cut with a stitched rectangle die. Then both of those layers were adhered to a white card base. Between each layer I used dimensional adhesive. When using so much white I like to add texture and dimension for interest. As a final touch I added the die cut 'love' from Flower Doodles Die!. I love the shadows this creates.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Featured Supplies

For your convenience, here is a list of the featured Wplus9 supplies used on today's project(s), along with links to purchase.

5 comments:

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest