Friday, July 7, 2017

Pineapple Patterns with Steph

Hey guys! We have a special guest today. Although, technically she's not a guest, she's part of the Wplus9 family!

Stephany (Steph) Zerbe is the creative mastermind and illustrator behind a lot of our cute critter stamp sets like the Friends For All Seasons series and Little Dreamers, just name a couple. I am constantly trying to twist her arm to do some posts for us here on the blog as well. She does often post lots of amazing projects on her Instagram (@stephzerbe), but I think I finally twisted hard enough, because she caved!

Hey y'all, it's Steph Zerbe. Dawn has been gracious enough to let me share my latest project using products from the July 2017 Release.

I fell in love with the Summer Citrus set instantly! I can’t resist the sketchy lines in the pineapple or those specs on some of the other fruits.

For this card, I just wanted to see the pineapple shine. I always have pre-cut white cardstock panels on my desk so I started there. First, stamping the top layer with pineapples and leaves, then the second layer with only leaves. If you follow me on instagram you know watercolor is my best-friend. so I mixed a little black and brown together and painted the bottom layer around the leaves. I had planned on leaving the pineapple panel colorless, which was regal and masculine, but I realized this card would be perfect for my sister who was hosting a sibling get together over the 4th of July. A little splatter of color was in order.

A matching tag and a jar of Oreos is all you need to leave behind when you go as a little token of appreciation!

~Steph

Featured Supplies

For your convenience, here is a list of the featured Wplus9 supplies used on today's project(s), along with links to purchase.

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you twisted her arm, those are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and tag Steph! Love the splatter! {Mmmmmmm...Oreos}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, perfect pineapple's. Hope your sister loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very artsy! Love the partially colored pineapples! The images are so cool. And Oreos? Who can resist?!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest