Sunday, July 2, 2017

July 2017 Release Week: Summer Citrus with Joni

Hello Everyone! Welcome back to the July 2017 Release Week. If you are just joining us, be sure to catch up on Day 1. I am excited to introduce the new Summer Citrus stamps and dies, Southern Sentiments, and the Basic Greetings Die.

AVAILABLE July 5, 2017

Summer Citrus
4x6" Clear Stamp Set
$15 USD

Summer Citrus Companion Die
Steel Rule Die
$12 USD

Southern Sentiments
4x6" Clear Stamp Set
$15 USD

Basic Greetings Die
Steel Rule Die
$11 USD

I know, do we need another citrus/fruit set?! Yes, Summer Citrus is incredibly versatile! You can create quirky hand illustrated looking patterns or use just the solid images for a more realistic sophisticated - but still fun - look like I've done here.

To create the vibrant lime background, I distressed my card base with Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Cracked Pistachio, Evergreen Bough, and Twisted Citron. Then I splattered the card base with water and some diluted Distress Ink using my watercolor paint brush. Once it dried, I stamped some tiny dot images from the Summer Citrus stamp set using PURE COLOR Dye Ink in Mojito. Then, added some white dots using my Uni-ball Signo Broad White Gel Pen. I stamped the large fun sentiment from Southern Sentiments with a little "rock and roll" inking action to create a gradient effect.

I can't help but read these sentiments with a southern "twang"!

I heat embossed the citrus images in white on watercolor paper, then watercolored the images using ZIG COLOR Real Brush Markers. Once the watercolor images dried, I added Stickles on the fruits for shine and sparkle. I adhered all the images using foam tape for dimension.

For my second card I used the Citrus Background Builders stamp set. Even though this is meant to be a background set, I wanted to use it as a focal point. I used the same technique on my background panel as the last card - distressed with Tim Holtz Distress Inks and water splatters.

This is another sentiment from Southern Sentiments. I added to the sentiment using the new Basic Greetings Die. The Basic Greetings Die cuts the stand alone words "thanks", "hello", "friend" and "smile" in script font. I chose to add the "thanks" die, cut several times and layered to create a thick chip board effect. The citrus cluster image was stamped onto watercolor paper, watercolored, and fussy cut. I finished it off with a few Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear sequins to add interest.

I hope you enjoyed these new products! Be sure to stop by again tomorrow, Yana will be here sharing more of this amazing release!

Giveaway Alert

Would you like to win a $25 store credit to wplus9.com? Just leave a comment below by 11:00 a.m. EST on 07/03/17 to enter and we will select one random winner from all comments. Winner will be posted on our Winners page on 07/03/17.

90 comments:

  1. I'm a southern girl! So excited for these sentiments and the fruit is beautiful! Love your cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the fruit trend! Such a fun set, and I love Southern Sentiments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic new sets ... so fun ... and mouthwatering inspiration, Joni, thank you! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The southern sentiments are charming even though I am not a southern girl. The cards are cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fun southern sentiments set. Love the colors you used for the backgrounds, very smile inducing. Look forward to seeing more from this new release.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun set and Those COLORS! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What adorable sets! I love your cards, so bright and summery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty cards, Joni! There's nothing better than bright, summery, citrus-colored goodness. And sweet tea is my weakness! Love the sweet tea sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that citrus set and some great sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards and you are the master at the pretty backgrounds. As a southern girl I am going to need this set!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are fabulous--what a fun set!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful colors and dimension on these pretty cards! Love the Summer Citrus set!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I love these colorful cards! Gorgeous, bright colors and fabulous backgrounds and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, Joni these are SO pretty. I really love these stamps and dies, just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these cards! So beautiful. The new stamp sets are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  16. P.S. Northern girls are pretty sweet, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely new sets, the cards are absolutely gorgeous! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous cards! Love the citrus set!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your color choices for these sweet and refreshing cards!

    ReplyDelete
  20. love how you turned fruits into flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love howyour backgrounds are so simple but they make the card pop.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Today's product peeks are amazing! Citrus and pineapple all in one set. Irrestibile!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE your cards Joni! That first one is absolutely stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love both of the new stamp sets! Fabulous cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These cards are gorgeous! I love both sets, but the sentiments especially because I'm a Texas girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lemons, limes, oranges, pineapples...fabulous set!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Since Ah am a sweet suth-un girl, Ah love and need these sets!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my goodness how bright and happy love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. love your bright and cheerful cards! laura j

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, Joni, these cards ROCK. The coloring is gorgeous and you have made the fruits look so real. Love the sassy sentiment on the first card too:)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such bright and happy cards! Loving the sweet sentiments, too!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my goodness, I NEED that sentiment set . Love love

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love anything Southen' so those sentiments are right up my alley!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. You can't get much more summer than this! They almost pop off the card.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wonderful citrus set--love the Sweet Tea sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  36. WOW your cards are so refreshing! lol Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love these citrus inspired cards! Beautiful backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh my, I LOVE your backgrounds and the new sentiments remind me so much of my Texas friend. I can just hear her saying the phrases. Thanks for that bit of nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I always love a great fruit-themed set for summer cards! Great card designs!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great sentiments. Love the citrus stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I always love a great fruit-themed set for summer cards! Great card designs!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I always love a great fruit-themed set for summer cards! Great card designs!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love the citrus stamp set! The possibilities are endless!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love these stamps. Such wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love the sentiments and those colors are perfect.
    Very pretty, summery cards.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love both of these backgrounds. Such bright summery colors. I think we can use another fruit set! Especially if they are used these ways. Thanks for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love the beautiful cards and the awesome Southern sentiments!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Love the card backgrounds you created--very summery color scheme! And the greeting on the first is just too funny. I kind of wonder if people from up north--or overseas--would get it, though! LOL I think my favorite product from those you shared today, though, is the word dies. So versatile! Thanks so much for sharing these! :) ~ Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  49. I do love the sentiment set, especially the sweet tea one.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Love your fabulous cards. Great watercolor background.

    ReplyDelete
  51. What a fun stamp set! I love it! Your cards are adorable! I love your card designs and color choices! Thanks for the inspiration and for the opportunity to win!

    ReplyDelete
  52. What fun stamp sets! Your cards are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Super cute and fun! Those southern sentiments are darling.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Such bright and fresh cards with lots of inspiration! Thank you so much♡

    ReplyDelete
  55. Love these stamps! The southern sentiments are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  56. This is so cute! Love the sentiments for my college friends

    ReplyDelete
  57. Wow!! Gorgeous and vibrant cards!! Love the citrus, and sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Wow your cards are gorgeous. The colors are vibrant and "happy".

    ReplyDelete
  59. These cards are fabulous! What a fun set of stamps & dies.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Looks like another amazing release!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Love the citrus set :) Those sentiments are great.

    ReplyDelete
  62. What yummy bright happy cards - thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  63. I can almost taste the fresh citrus fruits on this card. Love the colours and the stamp sets.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Beautiful cards!! I love the lemons! Nice sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Just beautiful images and adorable sentiments. The cards are gorgeous - love the splattering/spotted backgrounds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  66. An interesting idea having the fruits.aks flowers. Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  67. I am amazed by the art you created from these stamps. What incredible talent you have been blessed with! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Fabulous eye candy! I'm love the vivid colors and creative designs!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Those amazing! I LOVE both cards, especially the watercolor effect using the solid images!

    ReplyDelete
  70. GORGEOUS backgrounds on these cards and I really like Southern sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  71. I guess I do need more fruity stamps. Love the fresh designs, both of the stamps and the awesome inspiration. That first card by Joni?! Swoon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Adorable cards! Love, love, love the summer feel to these. Imagine a framed piece in a kitchen. Gprgeous work! The ink blending is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Summer fruits just make you smile, don't they? And your mouth water. I love this set.

    ReplyDelete
  74. Love your cards: the coloring on the fruits looks so 3-D!!

    ReplyDelete
  75. Beautiful cards, love the bright colors and awesome backgrounds too!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Really love the colors on these cards Joni!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Love these!! Soooo Bright and Cheery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  78. What wonderful cards for summer, Joni! I love the bright one with the orange slices!

    ReplyDelete
  79. I love how you used the inks and saying effects. The cards are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  80. Your cards are gorgeous! Lovely and bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  81. Love these sentiments and the cards.

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest