Wednesday, July 5, 2017

July 2017 Release Day: Southern Summer Florals 2

Hello and welcome to our July 2017 Release Day. If you are just joining us, be sure to catch up on all of the new products starting with Day 1.

All of the new products are now available at wplus9.com as well as at many of your favorite retailers. But we still have a few more items to formally introduce!

AVAILABLE July 5, 2017

Southern Summer Florals 2
4x6" Clear Stamp Set
$15 USD

Southern Summer Florals 2 Companion Die
Steel Rule Die
$16 USD

Citrus Background Builders
4x6" Clear Stamp Set
$15 USD

I am absolutely in love with all of the products in this release! Each set works so well independently, but when combined with any of the other products in this release...magic! I'm pretty sure I managed to use all 11 new products on my cards today.

First up is a trio of cards that all started from one floral cluster. I used the following new products: Southern Summer Florals 1 & 2 along with their companion dies; Southern Sentiments, and Basic Labels and it's companion die.

The first thing I did when I got the products was sit down and cut and stamp hundreds of floral elements from Southern Summer Florals 1 and 2in several different colors. No lie. It was a Netflix and die cut night!

Once I had a bunch of flowers and leaves stamped and cut, I could play around with arrangements and came up with several ideas. I finally settled on the largest tulip-like flower from Southern Summer Florals 1 (SSF1) and the medium rose from Southern Summer Florals 2 (SSF2).

During my stamping marathon, I discovered that by giving each layer of color a little time to fully cure before stamping the second color on top, you can get a much stronger shade differentiation between the two colors. This applies to our PURE COLOR dye inks, Hero Arts, and Simon Says Stamp. All of these inks soften a little and even out as they cure. By waiting between impressions, each layer is fully "set" and the color impact is so much more vibrant and crisp.

For the first card, I wanted all of the focus to be on these beautiful florals, so I simply added a "thanks" die cut from the Basic Greetings Die, a heat embossed sentiment from Southern Sentiments and mounted the panel onto a 4-bar card base.

For the second card, I created an all over stamped pattern using the same cluster as my "hero motif" and then filled in the spaces between with smaller complimentary motifs. The small purple clusters of flowers from SSF1 made filling in the gaps super quick and easy.

I used another large die cut sentiment from the Basic Greetings Die and a sub-sentiment from the Basic Labels stamps and die. I am loving this color palette; Shell Pink, Little Piggy, Sweet Gelato, Wild Mango, Pumpkin Spice, Ocean Drive, Siren Song, Cockleshell and Old Gold.

For the third card, I dropped the tulip and went for a bouquet of roses and added some "new gold" to compliment the Old Gold ink.

I mixed some fine gold glitter with a bit of Ranger Transparent Gloss Texture Paste and applied it through a polka dot stencil. I didn't worry about being too careful and let some stray glitter get onto my card base. This worked out well though, because it plays off of the floral clusters perfectly.

For the sentiments, I used the same sets as the last card, but chose different sentiments from the sets. I love how the other two cards are very graphic, and with just a few changes, this one starts soften up a bit.

I finished it off with a few Nuvo Crystal Drops in Gloss - Ebony Black.

My next card showcases a little bit from the Citrus Background Builders stamp set, as well as Summer Citrus, Southern Summer Florals 1, and Southern Sentiments. I wasn't lying when I told you that this whole release just compliments each other so well!

Somebody pass the sunglasses! I am loving this background set. I started by heat embossing the citrus cluster image in white all around the edges of a Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock panel. I then sponged on Distress Inks in Squeezed Lemonade and Mustard Seed. I stamped my sentiment in Pure Color Dye Ink in Black. And then took an aqua brush and added a water to the edges of the Distress Ink around the sentiment to lift and fade the color for that halo effect. Our ink is water proof, so I didn't have to worry about bleeding. But you could always do the water distressing first and then stamp your sentiment once dry.

The lemons, leaves and flowers were all stamped using the rock and roll technique for dimension and then die cut using their companion dies. The bottle of tea was created using our Milk and Cookies stamps and die. I die cut the bottle and inked it using Pure Color Dye Ink in Old Gold. I then die cut another bottle and cut the top off to use as a lid, and the middle section as a label. I inked, stamped and heat embossed the label and then glued both onto the tea bottle.

To finish it off, I added a few "water droplets" using Nuvo Jewel Drops in Grey Mist.

I wanted to thank you all for joining us for another release, hopefully we have given you lots of inspiration! Don't forget, everything will be available for purchase at noon today! Here is a quick recap of all of the new products now available:

July 2017 Release

29 comments:

  1. Oh my, as much as I love those pretty colours and florals of your first card, you totally wowed me with your last card. Swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cards are stunning! I love the colors you used on the floral card and the lemon card makes me want to stir up a big pitcher of lemonade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow so many stunning cards and wonderful ideas to try out. Thank you so much for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are gorgeous! Love the new sets! Awesome coloring, layering and dimension on these beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Dawn... I don't get nearly enough time to stamp these days, but these need to come home with me for sure. Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous release! I seriously would love to be able to buy every single thing! And, the sweet tea sentiment - swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards! This has been another wonderful release!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the color combos! These cards are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this entire release! Beautiful products :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Donna, these cards are sensational! Your color choices are so soft and lovely. I love these two new floral sets and dies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful floral cards and love the sentiment on the lemon card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness Dawn, what an amazing release! I should have taken notes on today's post, I could have written a book!
    WOWZERS, you sure did have a stamping marathon while watching Netflix! LOL
    These are ALL awesome cards and the stamps sets and dies certainly do compliment each other! I didn't realize your inks were water proof either, a very informative and fun post! TFS!
    Congratulations to all of your release winners as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dawn this release is too awesome. All your cards are so great. I will study awhile so I can make my decision on which ones I can't live without. All the designers made great stuff. Thanks everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all so beautiful!!!! So hard to decide! I can't wait to get mine in the mail, so happy you are a fast shipper!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely cards and release! I especially love the new florals!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cards are all so beautiful! I especially like the simplicity and elegance of the lovely "thanks" card. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A trio of loveliness! Just love your lemon card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such wonderful color on these cards. I love both of these stamp sets!

    ReplyDelete
  19. In LOVE with the last card!!
    gorgeous cards and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WPLUS9 florals get me every time. They stamp designs are so beautiful and you create such beautiful color combos with them. I have many of your sets but never enough.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful florals in this wonderful new release, and the cards are simply put - STUNNING :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I did enjoy your instructions for using these stamps and they are really pretty flowers. What surprised me most what what I learned by watching you 'rock and roll'. I never got good results before but instead achieved a thick border around the edge since I was evenly putting pressure and rolling the edge of the stamp around like a car up on only two side wheels LOL. I saw you patting the ink pad with the edge color which resulted in a soft edge of varying widths and looking so much more natural. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love these images SO much. Beautiful colors and flowers are my favorite! So inspiring. I just got a few of your inks on my recent order. I really like them so will be adding these to my next order. My inks are old and done, so these will be making a great dent in replenishing my inks. Thanks for all the inspiration. My wallet... not so grateful! 😳😂

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest