Friday, August 20, 2010

All Eyes On...My Must Haves

This month we are focusing on our "Must Have" supplies. You know, those things that we turn to again and again to create our signature styles? I've asked each of the girls to list out what they can't live without and their manufacturers if they have a preference.

I myself, am quite a schizo when it comes to my style, but if I had to pick one, I guess it would be clean and graphic. Even when I try to do something in a different genre, there is always an underlying clean and graphic feel to it.

So in no particular order, here are my "must haves".

Scissors
Like most crafters, I have 2 pair that I can't live without. My paper scissors and ribbon scissors.

Westcott Titanium for ribbon and fibers.
Cutter Bee for detail cutting.

Foam Tape
Oh, who doesn't go through gobs of this stuff??? I prefer only one brand, if you know of a better one, I'm all ears.


Stampin' Dimensionals

Scoreboard
Nothing beats a crisp fold, and did you know score lines are great for adding texture to a card too? For way to long, I archaically used the back of a butter knife and the groove in my paper trimmer to score. tsk tsk, I know! Until I found this baby that is.


Martha Stewart Scoreboard by EK Success. I LOVE this thing. It even comes with an envelope template. Scoring boxes has never been so easy, why oh why did I wait?!

Ink
Ok...ink is a tricky one, right? I have TONS, from all manufacturers...seriously. But the ones I can not live without and use most often:


ColorBox fluid chalk ink in Dark Brown

Versamark embossing ink

And of course, Fresh Snow pigment ink by Papertrey Ink

Cardstock
OK, so this may sound silly to mention, but what I really want to point out is my must have colors. White and Kraft. I can not live without these two colors in my stash. Seriously, when they even start to look like they are running low, I must compulsively buy more. LOL My brand of choice here is Papertrey Ink's "Stamper's Select" and Stampin' Up!'s Kraft. However, it no longer looks like they are selling Kraft though and I may have to switch to Papertrey Ink for that as well. (I told you I stock up on it!)

Twine
I can't say enough good things about twine! Seriously love this stuff.

Rustic Jute Twine by Papertrey Ink.

Stamp
And of course, my most used stamp set, big and bold, clean and beautiful:

Woodgrain Bundle by Wplus9 Design Studio. I seriously use these stamps way too much, but I can't help it.

And just to tie it all together, here is a card that uses a lot of My Must Haves.

Be sure to stop by the rest of the Design Team's blogs to see what they "must have"!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a fantastic Friday!!

20 comments:

  1. Girl... that sounds like a list of my must haves! Seriously!! Kraft and White and I panic too! Stampin Dimensionals from SU are THE BEST!! I think SU still sells Kraft they may have changed it a tad... I am not sure. They call it Crumb Cake now and they have matching ink, etc! I prefer PTI's paper over SU because it is so thick! Perfect card bases! And Twine... I LOVE TWINE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, just lovely to see all of them. I would also like to add acrylic colors that we use..to tweat little more in the cards.
    Iam just imagining. if all of these were part of a candy...:D..lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with all of the above, particularly the Kraft and white cardstock. Great card by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun post. Many of your must haves are mine, too. Love your card. Great color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun idea! Thanks for sharing your picks, and your card is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also use the Woodgrain Bundle more than any other set I own. I love it!

    I think SU! still has kraft cardstock, but under the new name, "Crumb Cake."

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post!!!! I can't wait to read all the others. It's so fun to hear about someone's faves just in case there's something out there I've never tried but could simplify my crafting. thx!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that card is fabulous!
    and funny- I have several of the same must haves! SU! Crumb cake is their Kraft and it's actually better than PTI imo, more true Kraft specks. I have never yet purchased any of your stamps- but that set is fabulous!! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a SCRUMPTIOUS card and inspiring post, Dawn! It was fun to really take a look and give thought to my faves! Thanks for sharing the fun, sweet gal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, thanks for sharing your must haves! Some of these are my must haves too, and judging by what I see here, some will become my new must haves. I love your card too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for this! I've been wondering about that scoreboard, and you're the second papercrafty person, that I, completely, respect, that has recommended it THIS WEEK alone! I used my amazon gift card, and now, it's on its way to my house :). Super must haves!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dawn, I love this edition of All Eyes On! How funny that I used to use a bone folder with the groove in my paper cutter as well. SU changed the name of its kraft paper to Crumb Cake and I love the matching ink! GinaK also has amazing kraft cardstock that you can use Copics on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. SU! dimensionals are a MUST HAVE for me too. I've tried so many different brands and they just can't compete with SU!. Since you love SU!'s kraft so much, you'll be happy to know that it's called crumb cake AND you can purchase it in the dye ink pads and marker! That made me happy too...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing your list of must haves! It's fun to learn about other people's favorite products! And I love the card you created! The soft color palette is simply gorgeous and I really like the way you rounded the opposite corners of the squares. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. GORGEOUS...Love how you tied all of your must haves into this card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fun! I really enjoyed taking a peek into everyone's posts! Being still a newbie in so many aspects, it's great to find out what the others use :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Twine and kraft cardstock is a must have for me too! This is so much fun! I have to play too :) Your card is as inspiring as ever! Love it, Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your list is pretty much the same as mine:-) Adore your card, totally in love with the flower and how gorgeously its coloured... Cant get enough of the cute twine detailing!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. We have alot of the same must haves! Cutter bee scissors, ColorBox chalk ink, VersaMark, (I have been trying to order the Martha Stewart scoreboard from Two Peas and they have been sold out!), foam adhesive (although I have never used SU!)and I have been eyeing that stamp set for awhile and seeing your card today REALLY makes me want it! :) Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a pretty card, love it!! :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest