Monday, August 2, 2010

CHAcago Summer SuperShow 2010

Whew, I'm back from beautiful Chicago and home in hot and sticky Florida! I've got to say that I'd forgotten how gorgeous and comfortable summer weather is outside of Florida. We do most of our northern travels during the winter, so it was great to take a break from the heat of Florida summers. And to be traveling to the CHA SuperShow to meet such fabulous and talented people was just truly the sweetest icing on the cake. We stayed at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare in Rosement which faces the convention center. So turning into the hotel, our view was cause for excitement!

Once we got in, we freshened up a bit from our flight and headed over to meet Paulina and Courtney for dinner.

OMG, these girls are so much fun! Although I came for the SuperShow, this was really the highlight of the whole trip, I am so glad I got to meet them both. We had a blast just talking, getting to know each other, and goofing off. I swear it was so comfortable and I felt like I'd known them for years already. And a big plus...I got to meet Paulina's mother, Nami, who is just the sweetest woman EVER. I admire how genuine she is after 20+ years in business. Truly an inspiration!

I met so many wonderfully talented people at the show! I was so excited to get to meet everyone, including Kelly Marie (Lawn Fawn), Laurie Chilton (DeNami DT), Taylor (Taylored Expressions), Susan Opel (PaperCrafts), the PTI girls, and we even ran into Ashley Cannon Newell (Embellish Magazine) on the "L" train while out sight seeing. And of course, Ms. Dawn McVey herself. She really is a doll and extremely sweet in person.

After the show, Kerriane and I jumped on the "L" train. I tell you, I'm so proud of us, we got really good at navigating that train! There were definitely some scary characters, and some of the cars smelled like urine...but we're tough and we managed. LOL

We decided to head downtown to take in some of the night life and a little of that famous pizza. And oh yeah, it really is the best pizza I've ever had. MMMM!

We stayed at the SuperShow all day Friday, and since Kerrianne had never been to Chicago...and I was traveling sans-kids...we decided to go sight seeing Saturday.

We did all of the touristy stuff including, Millenium Park, the Magnificent Mile, and of course we hit Wicker Park on the way back to the hotel where we ate at Cafe Absinthe. I could have stayed down there all night if we didn't have such an early flight the next morning. There was a huge music festival going on and it was a great eclectic and artsy crowd. But I refrained...rescheduling a flight would have just been way too expensive. ;o)

Now I'm back home and hard at work on the August release. We have some great fun going on this month starting on the 5th! Can't wait to share it all with you!

15 comments:

  1. How fun! I'm jealous, jealous, jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous trip! I swear I'm gonna go one year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such fun pics.. lucky you!!!! Can't wait to see what's new in Aug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, can I just say that you seem like the best travel buddy?! Lol... Looks like you two had a blast! Sorry I couldn't make it, would've loved to have met you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I love Chicago - thanks for sharing your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I was so happy to meet you there! You were so sweet...made me buy some of your stamps. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dawn! It was wonderful to meet you and Kerrianne at the show. I love your pictures and I'm so glad that we had good weather for you to enjoy while you were here. So sorry that I've been MIA lately on your blog, but I am anxiously awaiting the new release. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pics! Looks like you had a lot of fun! Looking forward to the new release! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How super fun! I am traveling vicariously through your great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so glad you enjoyed cha! great pics, dawn:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like tons of fun!! I'd SO much like to go one day... argh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow girl sounds like you had a ball...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had lots of fun huh! I wish I could go to CHA. Thanks for sharing the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing your fun photos. I'm jealous!! Anxiously awaiting the new release too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you had A LOT of fun!
    You're so pretty in all your pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest