Monday, March 21, 2016

GUEST ARTIST FEATURE: Wanda Guess

Hi there! It’s Wanda Guess, and I am so delighted to be here as a guest designer today! I have been a WPlus9 fan for a long time! Their stamps bring me lots of joy in my craft studio. I am also a huge fan of Dawn and her entire creative team. They make magic happen! I had a hard time deciding which stamp set I wanted to use for my post. I finally decided to use the gorgeous Doodle Buds Stamp Set and Companion Die along with some bright cheerful colors for Spring.

There is a whole lot of color going on here! I stamped my images in crisp black ink onto watercolor paper, and die cut them all out with the matching Doodle Buds dies. Then I had lots of fun coloring with my Kuretake Zig Clean Color Markers. The brighter the better!

The sentiments in the Doodle Buds stamp set are so pretty! I stamped the ‘hello’ on a white stitched circle and layered it onto another white circle for some more pop.

Here is a close up of the flowers. For this type of coloring I colored my markers directly onto the paper - and put down a lot of ink. Then I took my paint brush and water and mixed the color around until I got the effect I wanted. I used a couple of different shades for each flower and for the leaves.

In this photo you can see how I layered everything with lots of foam tape! The center of the main pink flower is a separate piece. I layered my card with bright yellow cardstock and black & white gingham.

I added a few lime green enamel dots at the end. I kinda love enamel dots!

This card would be pretty in muted colors, or all one flower too. They are so easy to make and easy to mix and match to your own style!

I hope you all have a wonderful, beautiful and creative day! Thanks to the lovely ladies at WPlus9 for having me!

40 comments:

  1. Oh my, I love this card!! The flowers are so cool and very artistic the way you have arranged them! Thanks so much for sharing this work of art - the flowers and dies are on my wish list for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card and colors so bright!!!
    Cristina
    thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Beautiful..full of spring freshness !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of your layers and your color combinations!! I need to break out this set!! You have inspried me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wanda is so talented--what fun to see her work showcased here.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This will *really* brighten someone's day. Can you imagine getting that envelope full of happiness in the mail?!! I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this gorgeous spring bouquet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fabulous, cheerful card! Love the flowers and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. FANTASTIC! I love bright, eye popping designs and this is certainly that, Wanda did an amazing job with the Doodle Buds stamp set!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous card with the great layers of these wonderful Doodle Buds! And I love the vibrant colors and great layout! Truly inspiring! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The design, texture and colors, just Awesome! Now, that's a Happy Card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh! This is such a delightfully bright and cheerful card! I love all those layers too!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wanda, your card makes me happy!! Love all the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the bright colors you used. They make such a happy, fun card. Yes, it could be done in muted colors, but this definitely puts a smile on my face. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this card and bright colors are a MUST. Thanks for the great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. No surprise that Wanda has done such a beautiful job with this stamp set - such a happy, sunny card, full of colour & sunshine! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A wonderful and gorgeous plethora of colour and blooms - I love this set too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful colors--like a fiesta!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A really bright and cheerful card. Great work Wanda.

    ReplyDelete
  21. just love how bright and colorful your card is. Love the 3D effect of the blooms too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. SQUEAL!! This is SO BEAUTIFUL Wanda!! =) I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Country feel with the Patterned Papers that you chose to use and the BRIGHT and VIBRANT Flowers!! Makes me HAPPY!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, the colors really pop on this AMAZING floral collage! You rocked this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful bright colors, love those Doodle Buds!

    ReplyDelete
  25. love your card: so pretty and happy!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. STUNNING Happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful stunning colorful card...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful and fun card Wanda! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Choosing you to be the guest artist was right on point. This card is bright and cheery for Spring. I need that right now. Beautiful set of stamps and dies. I must buy them.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a gorgeous, bright and cheery card! I love that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fabulous card! All these bright colors. Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. such a beautiful, bright and cheery card!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wonderful card! Well done! I pinned. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/415386765612414559/

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm loving those... these tip me over the top into "needing those Zig Clean Color Markers! Saving up!! I have this stamp set and love the vibrancy of this card! :)

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest