Saturday, March 12, 2016

Spotlight Die Cutting

Happy Saturday! Kara here today to share a clean and simple card design. Spring is almost here! If you live in the US, don't forget to 'Spring Ahead' this weekend. I know we lose an hour sleep, but it's worth it for all the extra sunlight in the evening. In the Northeast, where I live, it means warmer weather is just around the corner and more walks with my husband and dog, Piper!

I've used Autumn Leaves on this card and stamped them in a spring-like color combination. I love these PURE Color Dye Ink colors together. Mojito, Pumpkin Spice, Lake House, and Warm Wool. Seems like every combination I put together includes a little Lake House. I just love it!

Once the leaves were stamped, I die cut the panel with the Love Mom Layers die. I centered the 'hello' die, from the Bountiful Blooms die set, and ran it through my machine. This die cuts the word as well as an outline. I die cut 'hello' a second time from just plain white cardstock. This one I colored with Warm Wool ink and a sponge dauber. I set the Warm Wool colored hello and outline into the card panel opening and then placed the stamped 'hello' on top of that. This way the 'hello' sits a little above the outline and also has Warm Wool inside the loops of the e and l. I layered the card panel onto a white card base with foam adhesive.

It's as easy as that! Just a sweet and simple way to say Hello! Thanks for joining me. See you again soon!



Featured Wplus9 Supplies

10 comments:

  1. wonderful technique Kara - love your card in those pretty colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous ,love the way you used the die! I didn't know Spring forward this weekend...... Thanks! I'm usually on top of that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so lovely Kara!!! I really like the way you colored in the background hello with the warm wool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really neat look! Love your Spring-colored "Autumn" leaves, & the cool effect with the greeting. :) ~ Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful :-) (Thank you for the reminder too)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this CAS design! Awesome use of the die!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card!
    Cristina
    thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card! Great technique! Love the accent on the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest