Thursday, February 18, 2010

Embellish Birthdays Color Challenge

Well I was finally able to break away from the computer to get my stamp on...and man was it fantastic! LOL It had been a whole week since I had gotten any ink on my hands and it was time. So I headed over to Embellish Magazine to see what the latest challenge was and if I was in time to participate. And I was in luck. A birthday challenge using the colors pink, blue, green and brown. Admittedly, not my usual color combo, but hey, there is pink...so you know I'm there. I pulled out Funky Flowers and the next thing you know, I was done!

I used one of the flower tops and stamped repeatedly to create the bold geometric background. The bold pattern really compliments this bold color challenge well. I added some buttons threaded with twine to break it up a little and used the "Happy Birthday" and "Friend" sentiments from the same set.

Great news for those of you who have placed orders, I'm getting delivery confirmations already! So look for your sets to be arriving over the next couple of days. I can't wait to see what you guys create! Hope you enjoy and are having a great week!

Happy Birthday Friend Supplies

Cardstock
White, PTI; Chocolate Chip, Brilliant Blue, SU!
Stamps
Funky Flowers Wplus9 Design Studio
Ink
Fresh Snow, PTI
Other
Buttons, PTI; Ribbon, SU!; Twine, PTI

14 comments:

  1. Wow!!! LOVE this! I pick it as a winner for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you incorporated the buttons here!! SUPER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect... :) i loved the flower tops stamped repeatedly for the background....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just delicious Dawn!!!!! Love how you used the buttons and twine! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun take on the Embellish challenge! The vibrant blue background is looking so great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this card, dawn! esp. how you used the buttons and twine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh wow, AWESOME! This is so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the card! The set is great, and I can't wait to order at set soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So funky and fun! Love that background and the button and twine accents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow....this is truly amazing!! And brilliant to use the geometric flower for your pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! It's so unique. The buttons are the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great blue card! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest