Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Release Sneak Peek: Funky Foliage

Are you ready for the next set? This one just may be my favorite of the 4 debut sets. Funky Foliage is a true image building set, there are so many possibilities.

Funky Foliage contains 24 stamps; 18 images and six sentiments.

For my fist card I used one of the tree tops, the matching outline image, and the matching faux stitching inset. Yep, there are matching insets to create the perfect faux stitching!

*Note: the background scallop stamp on the card base is from PTI's faux ribbon set. I added some hand stitching around the focal panel and finished it off with a button. The "Hello" sentiment is also included in the set. I'm a sucker for simple serif typefaces.

My next sample showcases a couple more tree styles as well as their matching outlines. The great thing about these trees is that you don't have to use the whole tree...even cropped, they make the cutest embellishments. Here I stamped three of them and then used SU!'s curly label punch to create three panels.

I strung them all together by punching a hole on the left and right sides of each panel and threaded them with a heavy twine. The sentiment on this card is from another set that you'll see later this week. *Bonus: This card is a money holder, you can find the tempate for cutting and scoring dimensions here.

And finally I have a card that features just sentiments.

*Note: the background grid stamp on the card base is from PTI's faux ribbon set. "did i mention..." I just love that phrase, it could be the start of any occassion, which makes it a perfect staple sentiment. Oh and I just had to try out that poofy flower thing that I've seen all over blogland lately. Love it...but I want to try it with tissue paper, I think I will like that even more. I finished the inside using another sentiment from Funky Foliage and some hearts from yesterday's set "Love Birds".

So that's it for today, I really hope you are enjoying the release sneak peeks so far. Are you excited? Is there something you've seen so far that is your favorite? There are still two sets left in my debut release, and you don't want to miss them...I promise!

25 comments:

  1. hi! i've only just found your blog, and i love the look of the two sets you've shown peeks of so far - might have to see if i can bargain with hubby somehow... (hey, it *is* my birthday this week!)

    btw, i've tried the flowers with tissue paper - i'm not so much a fan. vintage book paper has been my favourite... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cards, Dawn!!! And I absolutely enjoying the sneak peeks!! Keep em' coming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, baby! I'm enjoying ALL RIGHT! I've been dreaming of some crisp and unique sentiments to play with - these are sensational! Golly, gosh, DAWN! These samples are SHAMELESSLY wonderful and fabulous showcases of your ginormous TALENT and these super images! WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWEEEEEE! Zowie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh MY! This is lovely! I cannot WAIT to see the rest of this set! SO far...trees, stitches, buildable pieces? oh SWOON! Bravo Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh oh so pretty!!!! I love all your samples!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are so cute! I love the samples and can't wait to see what else you've got up your sleeve!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, looking so yummy! A pink tree, I'm sold!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet set! Love all your samples! Simply fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow these images are gorgeous! I just found your blog through Savitri and can't wait to see the full release. I'll be adding you to my reader now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darling set, so far! Am so looking forward to what else is in store! Congratulations on this new venture. I wish you well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, these look AMAZING! And WOW, that's a BIG set! Can't wait to see the whole thing! Congrats again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just discovered your blog last week. Love the sneak peeks so far! Just the type of stamps that I'm really drawn too. I can't wait to see this full release. Good luck with this new venture.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness I cannot wait any longer, this is the cutest set, I will be your first customer:)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful cards!!!
    love your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want this set immediately! When does your store open?? You are killing me! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the samples AND your stamps, dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute, Dawn!!! Love them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. fabbie cards!!! Love the sneak peeks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. One word~~~WOW! Tell Geny that I will be your first customer and she can line up behind me! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i am loving these trees!! Can't wait to see more more more... no pressure! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous sets so far!! I can imagine already so many projects to use them on! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Flowers, birds and trees - what more could a girl want in her stamp stash? Fun and gorgeous. Please consider international shipping REAL SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, I love your style...so clean and crisp.
    So looking forward to your store opening.
    Loving the sneaks...
    Hugs, Deanna

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest