Sunday, February 28, 2010

Embellish Color Challenge with Borders

Happy Sunday crafty friends! Hope your weekend is fabulous so far. I was able to sneak in some more craft time this weekend, so I headed over to my go-to spot. And...it's time for another challenge over at Embellish Magazine. This time we were challenged to use the colors pink, peach, green and yellow, and to use a border punch. Of course these colors screamed Easter to me. I know, so cliche, well instead of trying to fight it, I just went with it. I wasn't going to waste my precious stamp time. LOL

I am totally smitten with this card. I may have to make quite a few more and send them out for easter. Want to know a secret? Those "eggs" are actually one of the tree tops from Funky Foliage! Now how is that for versatility? I played with this set quite a bit this weekend, so there will be more to come over the next couple of days. In the meantime, hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

19 comments:

  1. hehe, this is so fun! love your tree-top eggs! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.... i loved it.... :) super card.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats such a creative use for the tree stamp-cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very sweet! Great use of your trees & love that scallop border!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo cute Dawn! Very clever indeed!! Nicely done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever girly!!! It's simply adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet and soft. Great use of your stamps as well! Wouldn't trees be divine in these colors in the real world too? But they do make perfect eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! This is lovely, Dawn! Such a clever idea to use the tree tops for the eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I LOVE your card! So did you know that they could be used as eggs, when you made them, or was it a surprise? What a great bonus! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. so totally brilliant...Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute!! Way yo get a head start on those Easter cards! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Embellish! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dawn, I am totally smitten with this card, too! So glad you joined in on the Embellish challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great card!!! I <3 your stamps! They are amazing! I just started doing cards about a month ago so I have bought a lot of supplies in a very short amount of time so unfortunantly I cant buy any right now without my husband killing me :) But I have sent a lot of people to your page and will continue to do that :) keep it up girl they are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hee Hee Hee! You are so clever! I love those eggs - sooooooo ca-uuuuuute! I'm all for EASTER colors and celebrating 'bout now! {One more gray day might push me over the edge!} I love this darling creation, darling! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is so sweet, Dawn! I love it! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest